Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

501 1st rifle

mixedbag

Well, I'm down to the wire and still haven't decide if its another point in the bank or use what I have for 501 1st rifle hunt.Any imfo on herd and quality of the hunt is what I'm looking for.Would you use the points or bank some more?not a lot of tags issued so pressure won't be an issue I don't think.And success rates seem high for that hunt.I see an access road that takes me in aways to a camping area.Looking over google earth, I'd probably be hunting about 2-3 miles from there.
Does the area have decent bulls on average or just a lot of raghorns.If I use my points I'd like to look for at least a 300" bull.Still no giant,but I'd be happy with that.Would it be a good idea to have chains for my truck if going in there that time of year??
My other plan would to be give up my hunt and go to 500 where my son can draw and try and get him his first bull.Decision comes down to any imfo I can gain from here.I've looked over numbers on colorados website(tag#,population,success rates by season)
Pm me if you don't want to put it out there on the post.You guys were a big help with a muley hunt but I think I need 1 or 2 more points for that so i'll focus on the elk for now
Thanks

If the decision were mine, I would always give up my hunt to get my kid their first. Sorry, but I have no info on the unit you're looking for.

I agree John,but I'm not sure he realizes what he's getting into.And, he has football then.If I think 500 is good start for him,I'll give up my hunt.Looking for rough imfo on either unit.Iknow how to find a place to hunt.So just some unit imfo if anyone hunted either

Based on past experience with questions in Montana about certain areas and no response, I'm guessing this is a great hunt.Sometime the silence speaks volumes;thanks.John I know you would have giving some advise had you been in the unit.I have a few phone calls to make and an application to fill out

Based on past experience with questions in Montana about certain areas and no response, I'm guessing this is a great hunt.Sometime the silence speaks volumes;thanks.John I know you would have giving some advise had you been in the unit.I have a few phone calls to make and an application to fill out
How did this unit work out for you back then? I maybe headed to it this 1st rifle season.

Anyone have any info on unit 501 first and second rifle? Really just wondering how bad the hikers and non hunter visitors are during that time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back