50% increase in fees this year.

Tom

Man, life is tough. I've got a new application for the upcoming liscense year starting Sept.1 in Texas. They increased the application fee 50%. I pay the same an out of state person pays to apply here. I should write my state rep. like you guys in Wyoming and Montana, etc. Get the out of state people to pay a bundle, not me. (I'm being sarcastic, but you some of you guys seem like you think that way, not me, really.)

Our state has a deficit in budget this year, so they are raising fees, and the alligator hunt is the first application due in by Aug.1. My alligator quest continues.

The Texas alligator public drawing application this year costs $3 instead of $2. I heard they raised the fees, but they just had to raise them a little, when everyone pays it. What an increase, eh? I wish some other states would think that way too.

Alligator Tom (someday)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-07-2003 14:16: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

I heard the basic hunting and fishing with no stamps for archery, etc. would go up $4, but don't know everything yet.

We got the $5 fresh water fishing stamp to support fisheries. Here's an article about 10 of the new bills that become effective Sept.1.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/030626a.phtml

It looks like at least some of the $50 public hunts go to $75. The new books, hunting guides usually come out August. I hope they make it in time this year, with all the new changes, it might be hard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back