5.56 ammo

I have a few hundred rounds that is enough to kill a lot of yotes. I'll be fine for a few more years.
I just don't like to hear guys bragging about how many thousands of rounds they have as if i thought they were hot stuff. I just don't need to buy more than I'm going to use. Meanwhile you here of other guys that don't have any rounds to go actually hunt with.

I can have enough rounds for myself and still not like what a bunch of hoarding sheeple do to the availability of ammo.

:p for kicks

(You might be a hoarder if)

you bought $2000 worth of .223 ammo because the news said something about green tips.

you bought an AR that cost more than your pickup truck because "Obama was elected"

you care more about how many thousands of rounds you have in 5.56 then what your cholesterol is.

your son's only inheritance after you die of a panic induced heart attack on Election Day is your ammo stash and an entire room full of cases of bottled water.

your wife's wedding ring is currently in hoc but you have enough 223 ammo to win desert storm.

you have ten thousand rounds of 5.56 military ammo and you typically shoot about a hundred rounds a year.

I feel the need to laugh at the situation.

Last edited:
Tried to burn up some 5.56 tonight with my 13 year old. Yotes did not cooperate

Attachments

• IMG_20150307_184647.jpg
    IMG_20150307_184647.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 281
It's a free country last time I looked. If a guy wants to spend HIS money on what HE wants, it is nobody else's business.

I have no problem with people being prepared for unseen events. When the last ammo and powder grab was in full swing and people were trying to find ammo or reloading components to go hunting that fall, I sat back knowing that me and my family had no worries. I think a person is a complete fool to not have some stock pile. A gun is no better than a rock with out something to shoot through it. Sadly, this is not the good old days anymore where you can expect to go down to the store and buy what you need.

For those that are taking advantage of the situation and buying all they can just to resell at inflated prices. They are SCUM and I have no use for them.

Looks cold. Bet it was fun anyway. 60 degrees here in my part of Montana. Burned up some precious .22 LR with my kids today. mtmuley

I handload my 223 for prarriedogs.I must have 20,000 pieces of brass around,guess I am O.K. The empty brass use to lay all over our shooting range ,free for the taking,but not anymore.

Officially part of the hysteria. I left a few thousand on the shelves for the horders.:D

Attachments

• 20150307_205025.jpg
    20150307_205025.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 202
Not working here.

People want bulk. Hell i just went through 400 rounds in the 2 weeks. I buy 1000 rounds at a time to get the best price. My bogey is 30 cents a round. Next time it gets there i am getting 2000 rounds. And no it's not hoarding because it won't last until the zombie invasion

People want bulk. Hell i just went through 400 rounds in the 2 weeks. I buy 1000 rounds at a time to get the best price. My bogey is 30 cents a round. Next time it gets there i am getting 2000 rounds. And no it's not hoarding because it won't last until the zombie invasion

Schmatlz

Based generally accepted ammo consumption rates in combat (we can assume it applies to zombies as well) you can expect 210 rounds to last about 15 minutes when using a mix of precision and suppressing fire, with a hit rate of around 10%. Plan accordingly!! ;)

Disclaimer: That was intended as humor.

Schmatlz

Based generally accepted ammo consumption rates in combat (we can assume it applies to zombies as well) you can expect 210 rounds to last about 15 minutes when using a mix of precision and suppressing fire, with a hit rate of around 10%. Plan accordingly!! ;)

Disclaimer: That was intended as humor.

I used to watch a lot of Walking Dead and your hit rate is much too low for a zombie raid. :D

Heres a line for ya---

An older guy that lives up the road from me has repeatedly told people that if you don't have at least 10,000 rounds for your gun... then you don't own a gun! Not sure how many 100,000 rounds he has, but I guess I am "unarmed" by his standards!

Talk about hoarding...

To those people who hoard ammo for an "emergency" I say you are bunch of idiots. Yes it is a free country and you can spend your hard earned money on whatever you please.
If you are planning for a nuclear aftermath go right ahead, I for one wouldn't want to be around.

The funny thing is those hoarders are buying ammo that's not being considered for banning.:cool:

This is exactly the case Shoots! It cracks me up with the panic people work themselves into. . ..22's are already hard to get, and just like after the Sandy Hook incident the .223's are flying off the shelf at the store right now. I have the guys restock the .223's about twice a shift when I'm in there working. . . and none of it is the green tip stuff.

Were staying in Alabama for couple months to get away from Michigan winter.The local Bass :pro Shop has lots of 223 ammo when I was there a couple days ago.

This is exactly the case Shoots! It cracks me up with the panic people work themselves into. . ..22's are already hard to get, and just like after the Sandy Hook incident the .223's are flying off the shelf at the store right now. I have the guys restock the .223's about twice a shift when I'm in there working. . . and none of it is the green tip stuff.

Green tip shoots like crap in my guns on top of that. I was bummed when I first tried out my heavy stainless target barrel upper with some mil serp. Thought the gun was crap until I tried a box and hand loads and wow! 2.5" groups down to sub 1"
But, mil serp is fine for pounding the gong, and shooting p-dogs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back