Yeti GOBOX Collection

$49.44

Crazy how expensive its getting. Our stuff is about 10-15% more on average. But I've noticed our bills have gone up and its unreal how expensive "cheap" things are now. Food prices are easily 30% more than a year ago for a lot of items. Gas/oil is cheap, but airline tickets from/to AK are 50% more than a year ago, just dropped $1200pp to fly to MT this summer.

Years ago I made the decision to become more self reliant from the grocery stores. When I see stuff like this I feel it was well worth all the hard work. I will add it's also given me a new perspective our nation's food industry needs a complete reworking from the ground up. If I can't grow it, raise it or, find it locally sourced I probably don't need it and that includes coffee (I know break out the pitchfork he dosen't drink coffe). Those increases aren't going to the people raising and growing your food. I sold 120 eggs this weekend, ate my own beef and asparagus, and spent hours on my garden. The more reliant you are on a system the less control you have over it.View attachment 275179
How many years did you let your asparagus "fern out"? And did you cull the females?

Years ago I made the decision to become more self reliant from the grocery stores. When I see stuff like this I feel it was well worth all the hard work. I will add it's also given me a new perspective our nation's food industry needs a complete reworking from the ground up. If I can't grow it, raise it or, find it locally sourced I probably don't need it and that includes coffee (I know break out the pitchfork he dosen't drink coffe). Those increases aren't going to the people raising and growing your food. I sold 120 eggs this weekend, ate my own beef and asparagus, and spent hours on my garden. The more reliant you are on a system the less control you have over it.View attachment 275179
Self reliant, but, you have a fridge full of bottled water?

2 years I planted crowns not seeds and yes culled the females. Have 4 separate patches all planted at separate times.View attachment 275208
Awesome! I have (26) four year old crowns I'm ferning out for the last time. I didn't cull the females since they are growing 4-5 shoots per crown at almost 2 inches per day and those little pencil thick shoots are tasty over any grilled meat.. Asparagus is definitely for folks in the " long game" but what other garden vegetable is going to produce for 10+ years off one planting?

It’s getting bad for sure. My hours at work have been cut to the point that I’m making about $1600 a month less than I was a few months ago.
Daughter is still in diapers and now the wife is claiming a gluten intolerance. I lived off wildgame meat and cheap pasta when I was single. I’m still making my own burger, sausage and jerky though. I also hit the Brookshires buy one get one for a penny sales when they have them. I buy family packs of items and vacuum seal into smaller portions.

It’s getting bad for sure. My hours at work have been cut to the point that I’m making about $1600 a month less than I was a few months ago.
Daughter is still in diapers and now the wife is claiming a gluten intolerance. I lived off wildgame meat and cheap pasta when I was single. I’m still making my own burger, sausage and jerky though. I also hit the Brookshires buy one get one for a penny sales when they have them. I buy family packs of items and vacuum seal into smaller portions.
The gluten free food ain't cheap my wife has a gluten intolerance as well.

My wife works weekends so that I have the boys on the weekends or at least Sunday if I'm working saturdays (pretty much May through December) so we only have to find a sitter once a week. There is no way we'd make it on just my income. I have no idea how families similar to ours afford daycare on top of groceries and everything else. Isn't it like 3 or 400 a week?

Last edited:
Back