48 Years of Memories...

Not only tours, but the bar frig is full of COLD beer! :p
And there are still more critters on my bucket list than I have wall space for. 😨
Bozangeles is not that distant from my latest Montana land acquisition (a bit over half a section a few miles east of Clinton--if I were more polictically motivated I might circulate a petition to have the post office renamed "Trump" but "Nimrod, MT" is physically closer and I'm cool with that). I just might have to come calling to discover if you stock any double bock bier or Scotch ale in that frig!

A another update to my Trophy Room is that I shot my Mountain Goat over 40 years ago, and back then I didn't have space for a full mount of him so even though my taxidermist wanted to do a full mount of him so bad that he offered to reduce the cost of a full mount by over 30%, I had him only do a half mount. I have regretted that decision ever since. I was also not fully satisfied with the rock that the taxidermist made for my goat to stand on, so a few weeks ago I ordered a rock and some other supplies from McKenzie Taxidermy Supply, and last week I put my goat on a new rock that I like better, even if I did put it together myself.
My goat on it's old rock... ...and on his new rock that I put together with some canned foam, fake snow and icicles...
oO0ADLym.jpg
eo3kA88m.jpg

So along with my 3 Montana Unlimited Unit Rams that makes this my favorite corner in my Trophy Room...
j2g6vqjl.jpg
That would be my favorite corner even without the pool table. The new rock is definitely an improvement; icicles a nice touch!

@Kandder, Thank you for your service! I was a 5th generation Denverite and started big game hunting when I went to Colorado State in Ft Collins. I started bow hunting when I was stationed at Ft Sill, Oklahoma in 1970, and I couldn't wait to get back to Colorado. Then I got back to Colorado and moved to Montana 5 years later.

Since I grew up about 10 miles from the Coors brewery, my bar frig is mostly stocked with Coors Light, but there are a few downstream beers in it.
LOL, had to laugh at "downstream beers" because I instantly flashed upon a repeated complaint that the tribal villagers of Kafiristan presented to Peachy Carnehan and Daniel Dravot in "The Man Who Would Be King" movie (based upon the Kipling story).

@Kandder, Thank you for your service! I was a 5th generation Denverite and started big game hunting when I went to Colorado State in Ft Collins. I started bow hunting when I was stationed at Ft Sill, Oklahoma in 1970, and I couldn't wait to get back to Colorado. Then I got back to Colorado and moved to Montana 5 years later.
Thank you for your service as well! Army has changed a little since you were in lol. I only have two more years and I'll be able to hang the hat, can't wait at this point. Was at FT. Sill for 3 years and just never got around to hunting there. Was deployed most of the time and didn't really see how awesome it is there. I have some buddies there now that do really really well. I'm at FT. Carson now so trying to make the best of my time here. All this e-scouting and scouring the internet I'm gonna give 66 a try I think. Hopefully, my son and I are lucky on our first elk hunt this year.

The first animal that I had mounted was my first Pronghorn antelope buck that I shot back in 1971 in Colorado. I moved to Montana in 1975, and my first 10 years here I had some great hunting with multiple Bighorn sheep, Moose, and Mountain Goat tags, along with tags every year for Deer, Elk, Pronghorn antelope, and Black bears. I've always loved the outdoors, and have always had pictures and prints of big game animals on my walls. In 1988 I built an addition onto my house which included a 1,000 sq ft Trophy Room. In the last 20 years I have been able to make multiple international hunts, and now realize that I didn't make my Trophy Room large enough.

I'm still waiting on a dozen or so animals that my taxidermist has, and I still have quite a few hunts planned, but here's the mounts that I have so far...
uP3mmuIl.jpg
xQ3zLz5l.jpg

q8srNRUl.jpg
zFHeEall.jpg

iQWOXJsl.jpg
OpQv33il.jpg

CHUaYs6l.jpg

iDs1El4l.jpg

hE8piI7l.jpg
That is one hell of a Trophy room, love the variety sir. You did a great job

I was going to reply to the thread that @Lab started on Trophy Rooms but then decided just to update this one...

I have to remodel my Living room for the proper spot for this guy that my taxidermist finally finished, so right now he lives in front of the fireplace that I rarely used.
zE8cwbYl.jpg

1vpAt3Vl.jpg

Jry0Jvkl.jpg

And Monarch Taxidermy in Helena got my Alaskan Grizzly back to me in less than a year,
yHQdh4el.jpg

sm9Ni6Ul.jpg

liA1azzl.jpg

Other new additons include my Sitka Blacktail deer that I got on Kodiak Island a few years ago
Rp2HKrjl.jpg

ij4sJzLl.jpg

That's Zoe, my hunting partner, on her 2/3 of the chair that we watch TV from.

And the Dagestan Tur that I shot in Azerbaijan about 5 years ago
66gDAUAl.jpg

2cbmLRhl.jpg

The first animal that I had mounted was my first Pronghorn antelope buck that I shot back in 1971 in Colorado. I moved to Montana in 1975, and my first 10 years here I had some great hunting with multiple Bighorn sheep, Moose, and Mountain Goat tags, along with tags every year for Deer, Elk, Pronghorn antelope, and Black bears. I've always loved the outdoors, and have always had pictures and prints of big game animals on my walls. In 1988 I built an addition onto my house which included a 1,000 sq ft Trophy Room. In the last 20 years I have been able to make multiple international hunts, and now realize that I didn't make my Trophy Room large enough.

I'm still waiting on a dozen or so animals that my taxidermist has, and I still have quite a few hunts planned, but here's the mounts that I have so far...
uP3mmuIl.jpg
xQ3zLz5l.jpg

q8srNRUl.jpg
zFHeEall.jpg

iQWOXJsl.jpg
OpQv33il.jpg

CHUaYs6l.jpg

iDs1El4l.jpg

hE8piI7l.jpg
I really like the muskie and the perch !!!
did you try a bite or two of muskox??

I really like the muskie and the perch !!!
did you try a bite or two of muskox??
That fish mount is actually a Northern Pike, not a Muskie. Growing up in Trout country I jumped at the chance to go on a couple of Canadian fishing trips with some friends. That Pike was only 18#, but it was the largest that I had ever caught. I didn't catch the perch, but when I had the Pike mounted I asked my taxidermist to mount it chasing a Perch, and asked him to make it a little Perch so my Pike would look bigger. He said that was the smallest Perch that he had.

As for the Muskox, I brought a cooler full of his meat home with me. Back at home, my GF and I were eating tacos made from my Muskox meat. I told her that we could have been the only people in the world that were eating Muskox tacos that night.:p

That fish mount is actually a Northern Pike, not a Muskie. Growing up in Trout country I jumped at the chance to go on a couple of Canadian fishing trips with some friends. That Pike was only 18#, but it was the largest that I had ever caught. I didn't catch the perch, but when I had the Pike mounted I asked my taxidermist to mount it chasing a Perch, and asked him to make it a little Perch so my Pike would look bigger. He said that was the smallest Perch that he had.

As for the Muskox, I brought a cooler full of his meat home with me. Back at home, my GF and I were eating tacos made from my Muskox meat. I told her that we could have been the only people in the world that were eating Muskox tacos that night.:p
Great story !!!! I personally would rather have ''perch tacos'' than muskox though.
cheers Glenn

Great story !!!! I personally would rather have ''perch tacos'' than muskox though.
cheers Glenn
I'm sure that my Eskimo guide would rather eat raw caribou fat than muskox meat.

While I was helping him skin one of my caribou, he cut off a chunk of fat and handed it out to me saying "Candy?" I refused, and he ate it. One night at dinner we had caribou steaks and I noticed both of the guides staring at the fat that I was cutting off my steak. I asked if they wanted it and they both quickly nodded and said yes.

I found that my muskox meat did not taste much different than elk or moose meat.

I'm sure that my Eskimo guide would rather eat raw caribou fat than muskox meat.

While I was helping him skin one of my caribou, he cut off a chunk of fat and handed it out to me saying "Candy?" I refused, and he ate it. One night at dinner we had caribou steaks and I noticed both of the guides staring at the fat that I was cutting off my steak. I asked if they wanted it and they both quickly nodded and said yes.

I found that my muskox meat did not taste much different than elk or moose meat.
In my misspent youth, I was told something along those lines about aged seal meat...........Those fine people above the 60 th. love to ''mess'' with us non natives..........Now bowhead whale, .

Back