3D Mapping Beta on OnX vs Gohunt

Estimator86

Those of you that have switched to Gohunt for your mapping needs, do you still have your OnX? OnX maps just released the 3D Beta on the web version (not moblile that i'm aware), I'm curious how they compare and who will continue to get your money. $150/year vs $20/year is quite a price difference!

Apples to oranges, IMO. A lot more is included with the goHunt subscription. Draw odds, 3D mapping, insider stories for multiple states. OnX offers a single state subscription for $20 of mapping alone. I have both but I'm leaning goHunt especially if they develop a mobile app!

It says that the 3D beta is on the phone but don't seam to work, or at least I have not been able to get it to work. Want to try out gohunt to see what theirs looks like and may make the switch depending what it looks like

It's hard to tell at this point since both are still in Beta. Both have a lot to work on. The 3d on the mobile app only tilts when you are zoomed out quite a ways might be why Red Fox's doesn't seem to be working.

The OnX beta just became available to me on my iPhone yesterday. I'd say it's a definitive improvement over 2D maps for sure. Once they include all the features on it available in the 2D version it will be a huge improvement. Even though goHUNT 3D maps currently offer more features, the quality of the OnX 3D maps is better and it is already on the phone, whereas goHunt still has some time to go. By this time next year, I think we'll have two excellent products to choose from. For me though, I will continue with OnX as I am an eastern hunter and really need mapping for right here at home too. The goHUNT offering will need to be very compelling for me to carry both given that they will be limited to Western states.

The OnX 3D seems to give you a more accurate and detailed "feel" for the true steepness of the terrain. They still have some polishing to do, but overall I think this will be a HUGE benefit to those of us forced to E-Scout rather than get boots on the ground. They were the pioneers and really enabled mid-westerners like me to get into the whole public land thing. Plus, they do a lot to promote public lands in general. So I'm glad I won't be forced to make a difficult choice.

I don't have the OnX 3D beta on my android as of this morning. I would be tickled to death to just have their layers and boundaries + 3D on the web version for now!

I don't have the OnX 3D beta on my android as of this morning. I would be tickled to death to just have their layers and boundaries + 3D on the web version for now!
My Android also doesn’t have it yet, only my iPhone does.

Do you have to have a certain version on the iPhone for the 3D?

Just checked Onx 3D out, said was only available for iphones at this point. Seems pretty cool, just messed with it for a few minutes.

played around a little today

for a beta, that is not yet done and that exists for essentially the sole purpose of figuring out how to make it better and right, i was impressed

looking forward to the whole enchilada

I hunt multiple states so i use gohunt, am an elite user with onX, and I have basemaps. Each of them are good for certain things and have pros/cons. I'm looking forward to gohunt's app, hopefully it doesnt disappoint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back