Caribou Gear Tarp

.325 WSM for elk

I shot an elk with my 325 wsm this year in Colorado. 160 yards at a downward angle. Went through the ribs and front shoulder on the opposite side. Found the bullet under the skin. 200 gr partition leaving the barrel at 2945 fps. Bull ran about 50 yards and collapsed.
Mind sharing your load?

Recoil sucks but good rifle and cartridge. I have a .270 WSM, .300 WSM, and a 325 WSM. Goes from uncomfortable, to ouch, to damnit in relation to recoil on a bench, in the field, never had an issue with any of them.

Recoil sucks but good rifle and cartridge. I have a .270 WSM, .300 WSM, and a 325 WSM. Goes from uncomfortable, to ouch, to damnit in relation to recoil on a bench, in the field, never had an issue with any of them.
I don’t find the 325 that bad. Now my 300 RUM will wake you up.

Yeah, when I first bought my kimber mt 300wsm, I thought it was a bit harsh. Put a slip on limbsaver on it, lifes good.
I mostly shoot 180's @ 2950 but 200's @ 2900 arent noticeably worse.

Well, after this past year, I’m happy to say I’ve found another reason to like my 325 wsm. Just order 100 Nosler Partitions for it.
Seems like 8mm components are still out there.
Good luck finding your 30 caliber Noslers.

Nice.I’ll tell you what’s also nice. I’ve had no problem getting bullets to reload my 8mm Mauser and 325wsm rifles. What shortage?

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back