Caribou Gear

300wsm oouch !

Rooster52

Shot my new Browning Xbolt today for the first time. Loaded some 150 accubonds with 67 grains of RL17.Shoots very good,same load I shot in my Savage.But the difference is in recoil,wow that Xbolt really boots the shoulder.Very nice gun,shoots extremely accurate but nothing I am going to set at the bench and shoot for hours. Just save it for elk season.

You should feel my .300 RUM with 92.5 grains under a 200 grain Accubond. mtmuley

Under 1 inch when I do my part off the bench.Just getting used to the gun and sometimes I pull to the left.

I'm somewhat amazed your 300 wsm kicks so much? I have a Sako Finnlight in 300 wsm. It has one of the lightest recoils I've ever seen in a 30 cal! I was somewhat amazed because it one of the lightest weight rifles I've owned. Sako is pretty tough to beat for quality and reasonably tight groups for a 30 cal. I used to use a 300 Weatherby and it kicked pretty bad...even with a muzzlebreak. The hardest kicking rifle I ever shot was a 300 Win barrel that I put on my TC Mtn Hunter. It felt like a canon going off and I actually returned it!

Under 1 inch when I do my part off the bench.Just getting used to the gun and sometimes I pull to the left.

The pull to the left might instead be cantering the rifle so scope is tilted in relation to the horizon so is not perpendicular. I put a level on my rifle scope and did wonders for my groups, especially as get out a ways to hit the paper at 300 yards.

Okay tell me why. I have less felt recoil with 67 grains of reloader 22 + 180 grain accubond then I do with 67 grains of reloader 17 and a 150 grain accubond.

I think it has to do with the heavier bullet its pushing. As far as recoil I put a break on my 300 wsm and it made it a lot more pleasant to shoot, just bring ear plugs as I've learned the hard way. 14 db shift in last year from shooting without ear plugs only for hunting.

Goat

Back