280AI

ThunderNocked

So I am not reloading yet - but I'm hoping to.
I have two things going on right now.
1 - my rifle shoots the Factory 140 Grain AccuBonds EXTREMELY well. From what I can tell - minimum Expansion Velocity on these is still at 1800 fps which is Nosler standard outside of their Long Range which is down to 1300 fps. Is that accurate?

2 - I have a local company who is developing a load of 280AI to sell and they asked to use my rifle for the development.
I'm excited as I'll get a few boxes of these custom loads. They are using 150 Grain Makers which seem like a good round.

Exciting days ahead - Black Bear, Grizz, Caribou, Sheep and Moose all coming!

1 - my rifle shoots the Factory 140 Grain AccuBonds EXTREMELY well. From what I can tell - minimum Expansion Velocity on these is still at 1800 fps which is Nosler standard outside of their Long Range which is down to 1300 fps. Is that accurate?

2 - I have a local company who is developing a load of 280AI to sell and they asked to use my rifle for the development.
I'm excited as I'll get a few boxes of these custom loads. They are using 150 Grain Makers which seem like a good round.

What all have you shot with the 140 gr Accubonds and how did they work?

Let me burn your barrel up testing and then I will give you a couple boxes.

Not a good deal at all, not really anything to be excited about if you already have a load that will hunt.

What all have you shot with the 140 gr Accubonds and how did they work?
Caribou for me so far. I know they will perform on Black Bear and Sheep well.
I am going to use it on Moose this year if I get opportunity as well and just limit myself on range a lot more. But so far - I believe I'm at 6 Caribou with that rifle and the AccuBonds.

Let me burn your barrel up testing and then I will give you a couple boxes.

Not a good deal at all, not really anything to be excited about if you already have a load that will hunt.
Its a buddy of mine and I'm ok with him developing a load for me - something I don't have time for. Once I shoot out my current stock of AccuBonds I'm going to be lost if I still can't reload.
I also have been wanting to bump to a higher grain bullet and a solid copper like the Hammer or Makers. So this actually works out really well for me if he can get a good load developed.
I get your point, but I'm excited to see what someone with knowledge and experience can do to get a copper bullet.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back