Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

300 win mag browning xbolt long range chamber length?

Badger_55

Looking for confirmation on this guns chambered lengths. I'm working up my first loads and want to confirm what others have got for OALs. I consistently measured 3.602-3.604 with a hornady gauge with a few 190ablr bullets... my comfortable mag length is 3.580. I started with a coal of 3.550 and varying h1000 powder loads hoping to find a powder measurement and then adjust seating from there if needed. Also if anyone has any tips or suggestions I am all ears.
Thanks

If your loading from the magazine, your stuck with what fits in that.
Single feeding you can go to the lands.
I've found the ABLR to be fairly jump tollerant.

Thats about right for mag length, haven't measured the chamber on mine.

I'm shooting 208 ELD-M for my target bullet in my Rem700 300WinMag. Looks like I'm at 3.6" which I think I have a touch more room in my magazine but I believe I'm right up there near the lands.

3.55 should be just fine if it feeds.

My dad and I both shoot the xbolt hclr and we took a Dremel to our magazines. We were able to carve out more room in the mag and load our 215 Bergers out to 3.705, which is 15-20 thousandths off the lands. The angle the image was taken makes it look like it's right up against the mag but there is room there and they feed fine.

BTW, if you can get some RL26 or N570 make sure you try those powders as well if you want some more speed.

Attachments

• IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
My dad and I both shoot the xbolt hclr and we took a Dremel to our magazines. We were able to carve out more room in the mag and load our 215 Bergers out to 3.705, which is 15-20 thousandths off the lands. The angle the image was taken makes it look like it's right up against the mag but there is room there and they feed fine.

BTW, if you can get some RL26 or N570 make sure you try those powders as well if you want some more speed.
I've been looking for rl26 for quite some time... its been tough.

I have h1000 retumbo and imr 4831... Im only going to try h1000 and keep looking for rl26 and 7828

Shot some rounds seems like 78-79gr of h1000 gave me a nice node.. actually 78-78.5 punched 3 holes with 4 bullets. Velocity right around 2960 for avg.. I was happy, they rotated through the mag fine however they may be too long that they don't feed up the ramp from the mag into the chamber. The factory ammo seems to be picked up fine but it almost looks like the angle once the round hits the ramp tucks the head of the case down just low enough where the bolt head loses its bit on the head... now there is play in my mag where if I keep upward pressure on it when cycling rounds it feeds.. if I don't hold on the mag it seems to Mar up the round a bit just trying to chamber the round. I'm going to back off the OAL to 3.500 and they feed a little bit better and start at 78.1 and work up in .2 powder charges and see if I still.get that consistency.....

Back