.300 RUM 700 Long Range

Dies are easy to find and inexpensive. Find brass now. ADG is your best bet as Remington is non existent. It is what I prefer though. H1000 always seemed underwhelming in the RUM to me. Rl-25 and 26. Retumbo. If you hunt it the 200 grain Accubond is an absolute killer. I'm going down the lightweight mono at warp speed route now though. Love the cartridge. mtmuley
Good info, thank you. Have you played around much with Bergers in yours?

Now I'm curious, what happened?
Too much damage for my liking. It was back when I was geeked out about BC and before the Berger craze even started. Bought my first box over 20 years ago. I have no confidence in them. Just me. mtmuley

I have a little. I want to find some 205’s as 215’s chew up to much space behind the shoulder. That is until I have to swap the barrel, then it’ll get throated with a lot more freebore.
Factory barrels have a shit ton of freebore. The Smith I am using has built a lot of RUMS. Gonna ask a lot of questions. mtmuley

Too much damage for my liking. It was back when I was geeked out about BC and before the Berger craze even started. Bought my first box over 20 years ago. I have no confidence in them. Just me. mtmuley
Interesting. I definitely get the damage side. I've just had great results with the 168s from my 7 mag. I've heard horror stories but I've heard them about lots of bullets. And had some myself, just not with Bergers

Interesting. I definitely get the damage side. I've just had great results with the 168s from my 7 mag. I've heard horror stories but I've heard them about lots of bullets. And had some myself, just not with Bergers
My RUM has been my elk rifle for 23 years. I like bullets that will plow through bone and work when a shot is less than optimal. Frangibles don't make the cut. Again, just me. mtmuley

Ken Jr’s like 181 Hammer Hunters. We tried the heavies but the 181 went fast and hit hard & small.

It’s a rude yet cool round JT88.

Since it is a good friend, I'd assume he quoted you a very fair price, from his point of view.

So, I'd either accept or decline the offer, as presented. He might want to be rid of the entire package. You asking him to split it up, leaves him with more work to do.

I can't see how you'd get stung very much to buy it, and then sell the scope and/or bipod.

Since it is a good friend, I'd assume he quoted you a very fair price, from his point of view.

So, I'd either accept or decline the offer, as presented. He might want to be rid of the entire package. You asking him to split it up, leaves him with more work to do.

I can't see how you'd get stung very much to buy it, and then sell the scope and/or bipod.
Nah, insult him, that’s what good friends are for. 😉

Feed him a 6pack and then knock some off the price. Agree with you just selling the parts you don't want.

Back