# 3 son tags his 1st buck

mdcrossbow

Now all the boys have a buck under their belts.

Friday morning 9th I left work about 11 AM for a 2.5 hr trip my friend Grosvenor's farm in Va where I would pick up Jacob on Saturday morning at 11 AM for his 1st gun hunt for deer. I sat in the stand I set up a few months ago Friday afternoon just to see what was moving through the area, and I had a half dozen doe's in bow range and a nice little 7 point and doe at dark pass through. After the hunt I hit the sack at 8 and up at 5 and back on the same stand. It's about a 1.3 to the back of the property and I used my ATV. If forks say that ATV's spook deer I have to disagree. Saturday morning I hear dogs barking , Va. run dogs! well 6 doe's came past at 40 yards after that 4 came from the opposite direction and the 7 point again. He looked up at me from 20 yards away I put the cross-hairs on him and said to myself bang got ya as he walks off. I then leave to pick Jake up at FUMA 17 miles away and we get back to the farm get all our gear ready and head back to the stand. On the way jump 4 doe's near the horse pasture and then into the woods. Once we get to the out back I show him the tree and explain how to use the rattling antlers and the working of the Knight Disc 50 cal and he runs me back to my stand 200 yards back across the beaver dammed creek. About 3 PM I here him hit the antlers again for the 2nd time and a few seconds later CA_BOOM ! and a few seconds more pass and I hear resounding thought he Woods O YA ! and again O YA ! I yell out is he down O YA! , well come and get me so he picks me up and we head back and as we crossed the creek and made our turn in the trail I see him a nice 8 point 25 years from the stand. I asked him if anything ran through when the dogs were running this afternoon and he said no, He said the 2nd time he hit the antlers was right after a doe passed through and remembered what I told him about bucks being protective about there doe's and he came running down the hill when he heard them and stopped at 15 years behind a tree and stepped out into the trail at 10 yards. He placed the cross-hairs behind the shoulder and pulled the trigger. I sure made me jump LOL. I then said this will be a free-be and should him how to dress a deer and from now on it will be your job.

My camera was dead for some strange reason. Dad left it on and it died so I bought a throw-away and will get the pic's developed this week.

When we got back to FUMA it was the buzz around campus the SGT Maj, came out as the the Maj. Cadet of the School and Jake was all smiles and I am one proud Dad.

I got to thinking on the ride home last night. What a blessing; Jake gets a few hours for a days pass once a week and this year he gets a Awesome turkey and now his 1st deer hunt his tag's a nice 8 point. The Lord sure has given Jake and I 2 great memories and all the glory belongs to Him.

IMGA0190.jpg

IMGA0189.jpg

congrats to you and your son. :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back