Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

3 big MN birds down

mconway951

Season started here on thurs didnt get out till friday and was rainy and nasty saw birds but nothing workable. Treid a few other spots then went to the old faithful spot I shot my bird round 7:00 am 25lbs 11.5 inch beard 1 1/8 spurs my second largest bird to date. And largest MN bird ro me. While taking the photos we noticed two big birds 1000 yds out put the sneek on to get in front of them then called like crazy to one very angry tom who gave my little cousin a show gobblin every step of the way for 300 yds he was shaking uncontrolably. His went 20 lbs 10.5 in beard and 1 1/8 spurs. Took the afternoon off went out this am with my friend who had never shot a turkey and within 45 min had his real nice tom struting in front of us for about 15 min before coming into range. 23lbs 12.75in beard and one 1 1/8 spur other was busted off. To top it all off found my first shed antler ever.
Great weekend here in MN these are all real nice birds by MN standards going to WI in two weeks then taking my dad on his first hunting trip ever in his life the last week in may here in MN for turkeys. Goood luck to those in the feild yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 199
One more pic with the shed antler not big at all but needle in a haystack around here

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 194
Those are some really nice toms! Whats with the scope on your shotgun?

I have a diease which effects my shooting eye and without the scope i can not focus the fiber optics on the birds head with any sort of consistancy. And honestly after shooting it with a scope I love it turkey hunting is just like big game hunting anyway the scope is 1-4 power so no real advantage but fun to shoot

Back