2A advocates should pray for a full recovery

I'll agree with your point, once you're in, you're in. But when a seat opens up, anyone can get in, except that no one who'd be halfway decent wants it.
Agree to disagree. 💰behind the scenes installs who they want for the most part.

1648149317709.png

I hope he pulls through, we need a balanced court and he balances out Sotamayor quite well. And I'd rather the Biden administration doesn't get to pick any more justices, I'm sure the current nominee will get approved and will be quite underwhelming.
That has already been proven. Can you please tell me the definition of a women? "I can't, I'm not a biologist ". What the frick?? That should be enough to kick her to the curb.

Agree to disagree. 💰behind the scenes installs who they want for the most part.

View attachment 216484

There is a lot of that. The intraparty fighting is ridiculous, and people are constantly jockeying for position, waiting their "turn" and being told to step down or withdraw because it's X candidate's "turn."

Entrenched political parties that zero regard for the citizens and only care about power are a blight on this nation. Washington warned us of this, and as someone who used to think that the two party system can work, I'm over it. It's time for a third party - one that splits these two dimbulbs up and creates a better fulcrum for the balance of power to shift upon.

Bring back the Bull Moose Party.

There is a lot of that. The intraparty fighting is ridiculous, and people are constantly jockeying for position, waiting their "turn" and being told to step down or withdraw because it's X candidate's "turn."

Entrenched political parties that zero regard for the citizens and only care about power are a blight on this nation. Washington warned us of this, and as someone who used to think that the two party system can work, I'm over it. It's time for a third party - one that splits these two dimbulbs up and creates a better fulcrum for the balance of power to shift upon.

Bring back the Bull Moose Party.
Does the Bull Moose party know what the definition of a cow is?

I'm a GDI looking for the Common Sense Party. Not finding much these days.
Me too, though I would say my biggest frustration in politics is the coupling of social and economic issues.

Rather than 3 parties I think my preference is more like 4 or 5 with groups forming coalitions on specific issues.

Let’s be honest you and I are going to be wildly far apart on some issues, but that doesn’t mean we don’t share the same views on others. The current politic does not allow for that dynamic.

Me too, though I would say my biggest frustration in politics is the coupling of social and economic issues.

Rather than 3 parties I think my preference is more like 4 or 5 with groups forming coalitions on specific issues.

Let’s be honest you and I are going to be wildly far apart on some issues, but that doesn’t mean we don’t share the same views on others. The current politic does not allow for that dynamic.
I kinda like your idea. I think a lot of people are fiscally conservative and socially liberal or vice versa. No need to have a crappy economy because you or I don't support abortion or whatever hot social topic.

Key phrase here is " let's be honest". Well said wllm.

Regarding multiple parties, I do not think it is viable with the way our federal government is structured. Countries with a parliamentary system routinely have many parties. Then if none of those parties gets a majority of seat, they go to coalition building.

If it was viable, it likely would have evolved that way in the 200+ years we have existed. Parties have come and gone, but it has always ended up with two.

I'd say a bigger problem we have longer term is that the Senate gives disproportionate power to rural states. Then to compound that, the filibuster gives 40 senators the power to stop any given bill. That results in the majority of the public frustrated that their political wishes are not taken up.

You can see the same problem that twice in less than 20 years a president won office even thou more citizens voted for some one else. It could have easily happened the last time also.

Regarding multiple parties, I do not think it is viable with the way our federal government is structured. Countries with a parliamentary system routinely have many parties. Then if none of those parties gets a majority of seat, they go to coalition building.

If it was viable, it likely would have evolved that way in the 200+ years we have existed. Parties have come and gone, but it has always ended up with two.

I'd say a bigger problem we have longer term is that the Senate gives disproportionate power to rural states. Then to compound that, the filibuster gives 40 senators the power to stop any given bill. That results in the majority of the public frustrated that their political wishes are not taken up.

You can see the same problem that twice in less than 20 years a president won office even thou more citizens voted for some one else. It could have easily happened the last time also.
1648220991834.png

Fair point.

Also interesting, I think it's fair to say that most Rs and Ds vote close to party lines in the general election, therefore if you're looking at where people really stand as far as canidates the primary is actually more indicative of the plurality of America. Trump won 44.9% of the Republican vote in 2016 and Biden 51.8% in 2020...

So
19,000,000 votes for Biden
14,000,000 votes for Trump

When you look at it that way Biden and Trump are only really "the candidate" for ~10% of the electorate, but yeah let's all fight over folks who weren't our first choice anyway.

Sounds great in theory but Italian and Belgian parliaments (among others) make the change a little less obvious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back