Congrats to your buddy on a great deer tag. Sounds like it will be a fun adventure. I am saving points for a muley tag there for a few years now. One piece of advice I can give is read the biologists field report. I had to call the local DWR to get it and they just emailed it to me. The bio did an excellent job of breaking out the unit and talking about what areas hold deer and what time of the year.

Congrats to your buddy on a great deer tag. Sounds like it will be a fun adventure. I am saving points for a muley tag there for a few years now. One piece of advice I can give is read the biologists field report. I had to call the local DWR to get it and they just emailed it to me. The bio did an excellent job of breaking out the unit and talking about what areas hold deer and what time

Last edited:
Congrats to your buddy, that's pretty cool. I hope to hunt that tag one of these years. Been hunting the CO Bookcliffs for a long time...it feels incomplete to not hunt the other side of the line. It's not real high elevation country but can get crazy steep. Anxious to hear how it goes, that country can hold some nice deer.

Congrats to your friend on his good luck, Yes I did apply and I did draw the Book Cliffs Muzzy tag .Now the research begins .If your friend would like I will share my experience after I hunt.

I drew the archery tag in the Books....9 points though not zero. I'll post pics of my hunt. The deer won't be in the same areas for the rifle hunt but I'm happy to share any info after my hunt.

A friend's little brother who wasn't into hunting decided he wanted to try it. So big brother has him apply for the book cliffs muzzleloader to start building points, they are non-residents. He draws it with no points. Then after sitting out a year he applies again to start building points.......and with zero points he draws the only non-resident Henry's tag.

A friend's little brother who wasn't into hunting decided he wanted to try it. So big brother has him apply for the book cliffs muzzleloader to start building points, they are non-residents. He draws it with no points. Then after sitting out a year he applies again to start building points.......and with zero points he draws the only non-resident Henry's tag.

WOW. That's some luck right there.

That's wild. These stories get me more stoked, not jealous. We hear all the bitchin and moanin here due to our system.
I'm buddies with the kid that drew 3 super tags in Idaho over a 2 year span.

Glad to hear about your buddy Blake, looking forward to following your thread.

BlakeA, Congrats! I drew the North Rifle tag this year and will be down there with my son using the mentor program. I'll look for you guys down there to say hi. I wish I could say it only took 0 points :)

BlakeA, Congrats! I drew the North Rifle tag this year and will be down there with my son using the mentor program. I'll look for you guys down there to say hi. I wish I could say it only took 0 points :)

Last edited:
I drew the muzzy tag last year with 5 points. A very unique area and had a blast hunting the area.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back