Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

257 Weatherby zero

I hate Hornady brass! Bought some for my 300 Weatherby and it’s junk. Never, never again.
Picked up Nosler brass for the 257 and not one issue. Been reloading for 35 a never had issues like that before. Hate Hornady brass!
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll not waste my time on it.

Weatherby brand brass in 257 is easy to come by. It's my preference.

My 257 is a Mark V Ultralightweight in a McMillan stock. It's Cerakoted in black, and has a factory-installed Accubrake.
It's my most accurate rifle, repeatedly putting 3-shot groups at 200 yards around half an inch with factory ammo, whether the Ballistic Tip or the Accubond.
This year it took antelope at 350 and 450 yards with no problems, as well as others.

If you can find one, they can be great rifles.

Weatherby brand brass in 257 is easy to come by. It's my preference.

My 257 is a Mark V Ultralightweight in a McMillan stock. It's Cerakoted in black, and has a factory-installed Accubrake.
It's my most accurate rifle, repeatedly putting 3-shot groups at 200 yards around half an inch with factory ammo, whether the Ballistic Tip or the Accubond.
This year it took antelope at 350 and 450 yards with no problems, as well as others.

If you can find one, they can be great rifles.
Gotta see that one Doc...pic?

This is what I’m doing. For my unlimited sheep hunting I aquired a Weatherby vanguard 257 and with 110 Accubonds if you zero at 330 it’s flat to the next county and max of 4 high around 200.
Son has that rifle. It’s a shooter.

Does the non wby ammo seem to shoot as good as the wby branded stuff? I have a 300 wby as well and it particularly likes wby ammo. And its a rem 700 classic. I dont reload so i just assumed it was a consistency factor.
My gun likes the noslers an awful lot so that’s what I use. I don’t hand load either so I just use what works best. They work great so I have no need to try anything different

My gun likes the noslers an awful lot so that’s what I use. I don’t hand load either so I just use what works best. They work great so I have no need to try anything different
Perfect. I may have to try them sometime. I may just wait forever on another box of accubonds.

Ya know, been responding to this thread and one about the 300 Weatherby now for a few months. It just sank in that the 2 Weatherbys that I have will cover pretty much everything in the lower 48.
Why do I keep looking for something “new”? The safes are full and the Weatherbys will do it all.
Trying to streamline my life.

Ya know, been responding to this thread and one about the 300 Weatherby now for a few months. It just sank in that the 2 Weatherbys that I have will cover pretty much everything in the lower 48.
Why do I keep looking for something “new”? The safes are full and the Weatherbys will do it all.
I hear you there. And for some reason i just bought a rem model 7 on a black friday sale.... oh well filled a caliber hole i had and will be perfect for the wife/kids.

Cause you don't have a RUM.🙂 mtmuley

I've had the same thought, but I started with a 7mm Weatherby and went from there...to 257, 340, and eventually 300.

AccuMark with VX5HD and 3 rounds weighs in at 11# give or take. Heaviest hunting rifle I have.
Considering getting a lighter Weatherby.
Mine is close to that, it's in the high 10 #'s. Also the heaviest, and for sure the longest gun, I have. 26" barrel plus the brake. But boy do I trust it!

I did just pick up another .257 Wby Mag a couple weeks ago in the Weatherby Weathermark V, 26" barrel, no brake though. It's a little slimmer and shorter than my Accumark. I can't wait to take it out for the first time.

Last edited:
Mine is close to that, it's in the high 10 #'s. Also the heaviest, and for sure the longest gun, I have. 26" barrel plus the brake. But boy do I trust it!

I did just pick up another .257 Wby Mag a couple weeks ago in the Weatherby Weathermark V, 26" barrel, no brake though. It's a little slimmer and shorter than my Accumark. I can't wait to take it out for the first time.
I love my weathermark thats for sure. Had it 3 years now. We built a new house and i was the GC. when we got done i had enough points on my basspro card it was a freebie!!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back