Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

.257 Wby Mag?

There's a member on the Hammer site pushing the 92 grain Hunter to ludicrous speed. mtmuley

I shoot 100 grain E tips at 3600 fps from my .257 Wby. 2" high at 100 yards puts me on at 300 yards and 7" low at 400. I shot a 6x5 whitetail in Montana last fall at 425 yards, a doe antelope at 150 yards just across the border in Wyoming and a tall 3x3 whitetail in Missouri at 42 steps. Bullet performance was great in all instances. The Montana buck ran about 30 yards and the other two critters went straight down. In my opinion the .257 Wby with a monometal bullet is an awesome hunting cartridge for shots both near and far.

Just ordered a vanguard today. Didn’t know the newer vanguards come 26” barrel with the 257 weatherby. Looking forward to playing with one again

What have you been shooting out of your Vanguard? I picked one up in the fall and still need to mount my scope. Going to try it out with the 100gr TTSX or 98gr Hammers.

What have you been shooting out of your Vanguard? I picked one up in the fall and still need to mount my scope. Going to try it out with the 100gr TTSX or 98gr Hammers.
Dang man that was a year ago. The odds of me keeping a gun over a year is pretty low. Although there are a couple I do. I was shooting 100 grain swift sciroccos. If I had one now I’d run hammers

I would loved to have known Roy Weatherby personally. That man created some serious magnums ahead of his time and they say the .257 is his favorite.

...... Got to admit though that the Remington 700 CDL SF is one gorgeous rifle.
I've got one that has about 60 rounds through the tube. If I decide to sell, which has been on my mind lately, it comes with a Leupold VX-7 in 2.5x10 and 240 rounds of ammo. Ammo is all Weatherby factory ammo; half is AccuBond, about a fourth is Ballistic Tip, a fourth spitzers, and a few others that have been tested.

I've shot three antelope and four deer with it. It shoots, really good. The reason it continues to sit in the safe is the reason you mention; hard to part with a rifle that nice, even if I haven't shot it in a long time.

I've got one that has about 60 rounds through the tube. If I decide to sell, which has been on my mind lately, it comes with a Leupold VX-7 in 2.5x10 and 240 rounds of ammo. Ammo is all Weatherby factory ammo; half is AccuBond, about a fourth is Ballistic Tip, a fourth spitzers, and a few others that have been tested.

I've shot three antelope and four deer with it. It shoots, really good. The reason it continues to sit in the safe is the reason you mention; hard to part with a rifle that nice, even if I haven't shot it in a long time.

Is there a reason that you're not using it every season for most or all game

Is there a reason that you're not using it every season for most or all game
I started down the path of 7mm-08s about the same time and found that to be a better solution for the applications I have for a rifle in that category. I was testing the .257, a 270 WSM, and a 7mm-08. I settled on the 7mm-08 for what I use and how I use it, though the .257 is a great cartridge.

The CDL is not going to be a mountain rifle, which I started working on with Howa about that same time. And at the time I was seeking to work with rifle companies, the Remington marketing team made it pretty clear didn't have much use for self-guided public land hunters.

Your SF CDL is the reason I bought one. Best looking rifle I own. Shoots as good as it looks.

Back