.257 Wby Mag?

Yikes. I like fast. That bullet is up to it I bet. Off subject, but I can push a 125 grain Ballistic Tip at just about 4000 fps in a .300 RUM. Cool. mtmuley
80s will do
Yikes. I like fast. That bullet is up to it I bet. Off subject, but I can push a 125 grain Ballistic Tip at just about 4000 fps in a .300 RUM. Cool. mtmuley
I had a friend that built one to shoot 125s for coyotes and prairie dogs. Barrel didn’t last long.

What’s your load data on that setup. Figured you’d be getting more velocity on that small of a bullet.

I had faster loads that opened grouping...sub 3500 and putting it where the reticle settled works for me.

Golfer, will pm load.

Long on splat factor. I had a buddy in NM, years ago, that bought a 30-338. He got light .30 cals up to 4200, if I remember right.

I have all of my scoped rifles Zeroed at 300 Yds. Just an easier calculation, brain thought of bullet drop for a shot. Some use a BDC dial and walk with their dial at 100 yards. Then when they see something, they can range it, adjust, sight, squeeze... DRT (Dead Right There). It is up to what works for YOU!

Gorgeous rifle...love that Wyo stamp. My chamberings are bookended by a .257 Wby and a 45-70 govt, and they are both the current favorites. I suspect the .257 wins out tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back