.257 Wby Mag?

I started down the path of 7mm-08s about the same time and found that to be a better solution for the applications I have for a rifle in that category. I was testing the .257, a 270 WSM, and a 7mm-08. I settled on the 7mm-08 for what I use and how I use it, though the .257 is a great cartridge.

The CDL is not going to be a mountain rifle, which I started working on with Howa about that same time. And at the time I was seeking to work with rifle companies, the Remington marketing team made it pretty clear didn't have much use for self-guided public land hunters.
Maybe Remington’s attitude towards your overtures is at least partly why they are in such bad shape. As I said, that CDL SF is a beautiful rifle. A local gun shop had a new one last year in .243 for $799. I should have bought it. Several for sale on GB for much more than that.

Last edited:
Between the Weatherby book and the John Nosler book it’s hard to believe how far ahead of the times those two gentlemen were for their time. Look how long both companies have been around compared to some of these others.
Thanks for the info. I’m very impressed with John Nosler as well. The partition is still as good as any today.

Dang man that was a year ago. The odds of me keeping a gun over a year is pretty low. Although there are a couple I do. I was shooting 100 grain swift sciroccos. If I had one now I’d run hammers
A 257 Weatherby with the 67gr Shock Hammer would be fun to try!! BC be darned. Shouldn't be hard to get that bullet north of 4K fps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back