Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

24 AK results...

Do they normally post at 8 AK time?
I was told mid day mountain time by others that have applied. Their website doesn’t specifically state. It’s my first time applying so I’ll be checking often

I was told mid day mountain time by others that have applied. Their website doesn’t specifically state. It’s my first time applying so I’ll be checking often
Also my first time, I know odds are low but it's still like Christmas.

Usually it was 4 PM when I lived up there. Maybe they've shifted times a bit in the last few years.

I have had terrible luck drawing in Alaska. Hopefully that changes this year. That said I have no idea how I would fit another hunt in considering I am already up there 22 days this August.

Would it be asking too much to draw two AK elk tags in a row? I wouldn't wish that hunt on my worst enemy but just something about punishing myself drives deep desires in my soul.

Would it be asking too much to draw two AK elk tags in a row? I wouldn't wish that hunt on my worst enemy but just something about punishing myself drives deep desires in my soul.
I want to do that hunt very bad but I also wonder if I’m cut out for it. I always doubt myself but always come through when challenged, but that hunt is a whole different level.

I want to do that hunt very bad but I also wonder if I’m cut out for it. I always doubt myself but always come through when challenged, but that hunt is a whole different level.
Lets see....what would make an elk hunt difficult?

1) Grizzly bears - check
2) Steep Terrain - check
3) Thick vegetation that basically has razor blades attached to it - check
4) Travel to the hunting area that requires a boat or airplane - check
5) Long pack out shall you be successful - check, plus its very heavy loads due to them basically being the size of a moose
6) Very low densities of elk - check

Regardless, still the most unique, coolest elk hunt I have ever went on.

Come on .06% odds and 6% odds for each of my tag choices. I might as well start planning already with my misplaced confidence in drawing this year.

Come on .06% odds and 6% odds for each of my tag choices. I might as well start planning already with my misplaced confidence in drawing this year.
Wait, you didn't already book a transporter before even putting into the draw? Rookie move to basically all but guarantee you won't draw.

If you check the website is it earlier?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240215_184334_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_184334_Chrome.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back