.223 60gr Nosler Partitions

Addicting

I wonder if they are ever going to make these ulcers again? I have not seen them in forever if anyone has a lead on a box I would be much appreciated.

Im not looking for, but as far as loaded ammo goes, I see one ad on Gunbroker for the federal vital shock. Seems, they are out of stock everywhere else. I am guessing Federal isn't even getting the bullets.

Last edited:
That’s too bad if they quit. Great bullet for my .223, just never shot anything with them. Couldn’t get myself comfortable with shooting a deer with a .223. I’ll check to see if I still have some kicking around though.

Edit: I need better reading comprehension. I thought you were just talking about the bullet.

Last edited:
That’s too bad if they quit. Great bullet for my .223, just never shot anything with them. Couldn’t get myself comfortable with shooting a deer with a .223. I’ll check to see if I still have some kicking around though.

Edit: I need better reading comprehension. I thought you were just talking about the bullet.
I was just talking about the bullet. But I see how with the federal thing it came across as ammo. I edited it to read better.

Pretty sure I’ve seen the 60 grain ballistic tips online. Pretty great round with 23 grains of h335.

Keep an eye on out of the ordinary sources. I know there were a handful of lots with them up for bidding at a recent sportsmans/estate sale that I was watching. Some might turn up again on the next one!

I havent seen them in awhile, i grabbed some bonded solid bases to try.
I did too, but I’m not sure they’re stabilizing. I have a 1 in 12 twist, which is supposed to be enough but I haven’t been impressed with what little I’ve done. I’ve got some on the bench to try later today.

I havent seen them in awhile, i grabbed some bonded solid bases to try.
I did too, but I’m not sure they’re stabilizing. I have a 1 in 12 twist, which is supposed to be enough but I haven’t been impressed with what little I’ve done. I’ve got some on the bench to try later today.
Here is a know group with Hornday 55g SP and then the Nosler 64g bonded base. At my 800 feet of elevation they do not stabilize in a 1-12 twist even though that is what the book calls for.

38E7158F-923C-44BE-AD78-73D50FCBA55F.jpeg549859E2-0FF2-4D6A-BCF7-1397437DE655.jpeg

I love the 60 grain partitions. Since they are impossible to find lately, the 55 grain Hornady SP is my next choice with 748 Winchester.

I love the 60 grain partitions. However they are impossible to find lately. The 55 grain Hornady SP is
Have you shot a deer or antelope with the Hornady?
No I have not. I wouldn’t hesitate one second though. I have shot good sized farm country whitetails with the partitions and core lokts both. The hornady would be great I think.

I wonder if they are ever going to make these ulcers again? I have not seen them in forever if anyone has a lead on a box I would be much appreciated.

Im not looking for, but as far as loaded ammo goes, I see one ad on Gunbroker for the federal vital shock. Seems, they are out of stock everywhere else. I am guessing Federal isn't even getting the bullets.
I see them available on a site called lucky Gunner. The federal premium .223 60 gr partition. Don't know anything about the site.

Midway has the same. I'd buy from them.

I'd like to find it in .22-250, but that seems impossible lately.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back