Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

22 Preference Points - What would you do?

Martin Heilman

Hello - I'm a 71-year-old hunter from Pennsylvania and still get around rather well. Over the years, my brother and I hunted the White River National Forest for elk, mostly in the archery and muzzleloader seasons. We applied for points each year with the intensions of getting into one of the trophy zones. However, my brother passed last year due to cancer and I now stand with 22 preference points for elk. I'm kicking around my options: I'm thinking muzzleloader season as the weather would be nicer. I could rent a truck camper and day hunt if I can get into a decent zone. Or I could hire a guide and go that route. Just don't want to get into too serious rugged country. I'm thinking maybe a zone that has a decent elk population with a limited number of licenses. Appreciate anyone's comments and suggestions. Thanks....

Hello - I'm a 71-year-old hunter from Pennsylvania and still get around rather well. Over the years, my brother and I hunted the White River National Forest for elk, mostly in the archery and muzzleloader seasons. We applied for points each year with the intensions of getting into one of the trophy zones. However, my brother passed last year due to cancer and I now stand with 22 preference points for elk. I'm kicking around my options: I'm thinking muzzleloader season as the weather would be nicer. I could rent a truck camper and day hunt if I can get into a decent zone. Or I could hire a guide and go that route. Just don't want to get into too serious rugged country. I'm thinking maybe a zone that has a decent elk population with a limited number of licenses. Appreciate anyone's comments and suggestions. Thanks....
Honestly, at 71 assuming you have the funds, I would find an outfitter!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back