Caribou Gear

‘22 gardening

So far it’s just going to be Romas, Jalapeños and some onions. The aphids did a number on my herbs and cabbages last year, I can’t seems to kill them all

Beans are sprouted, blooms on a tomatoe and pepper plant, potatoes are looking good! This heat forecasted after the nice rain for the weekend is going to make the garden take off. The weeds will too!

You already have peppers ?
As @Gellar said, I'm in Central Florida. Those jalapenos in the picture were overwintered. They got hit by the hard freeze we had at the end of January but the root stock survived and sprouted this spring. I've got big jim, and baby bell peppers going well at this point too. I'll snap some pictures of them this afternoon and share.

I was on schedule tilling and picking rocks in our garden space. This is our second year using this spot. I filled a 5 gallon buck with rocks yesterday. The space needs more organic material. There is way too much clay.

Anyway, Called it a night about an hour before dark so I could get my tools in before a thunderstorm. I left the tiller right where I had stopped.

This morning I see my tiller standing in the middle of a small pond. This is North Idaho gardening.

Up here in Montana our tomatoes might look like that in a month. They will likely be dead from frost in 2 months!

We have a freeze tonight with some snow, hopefully the last of the season. I planted a lot last weekend and next weekend everything will come out of the greenhouse as long as the forecast is good.

This year I have 3 pumpkin verities, big moose, racer plus, and cinnamon girl. Several varieties of SH2 corn. Along with lots of beans and tomatoes.

We do a kids garden program on Fridays where we show kids how to grow food in our harsh climate.

You all should be glad to be at a lower elevation as we have had temps in the teens as late as June 9 and as early as Sept 8 just in the last few years. I have had some really good luck with agribon fabric helping to extend the seasons.

I put in several varieties of tomatoes, a few bell peppers, a cucumber, plus cilantro and basil. Been a few years since I’ve had a garden, so looking forward to having homegrown vegetables again!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back