Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

‘22 gardening

Lots done yesterday ! On the tractor at daylight. 3 acre clover plot fertilized. One acre plot (tilled a few days ago) fertilized, and seeded with buckwheat (will reseed with brassica mix in late July). The wife and I planted the garden : tomatoes, peppers, beans, potatoes, summer squash, zucchini, carrots, kale, buttercup squash. Took several Labatts Blue Lites to replace my lost fluids last night !!

This year focussing on getting a berry patch established next to the gulch so it hopefully will grow naturally and be relatively self sustaining in the future. Fingers crossed that the 3D electric deer fence actually works, as it seems like lots of east coasters use it successfully to keep out the white tail.

Mixed in a lot of more native berries:
Gooseberry
Mulberry trees
Rasberry
Aronia berry
Buffaloberry
Black currant
Gold currant
Chokecherry

Did get a nice surprise from the skies after finishing the fence install.

IMG_4562.jpegIMG_4568.jpegIMG_4575 2.jpegIMG_4608.jpegIMG_4610.jpeg

I looked at blueberry bushes yesterday. They were still $30 a bush. Last year after Memorial Day they went on sale for $5 each. We only bought 1 because we didn’t know if they were good bushes, but it’s looking good this spring! Im buying whatever they have left when they go on sale this year!

Roma, beefsteak, Anaheim and jalapeño peppers, Japanese and pickle cucumber 7CE8BC70-6383-47AA-A2D2-0323914BCECB.jpegsnap peas, spuds, spinach, lettuce, arugula and radishes. They’ll be replaced by squash, watermelon and cantaloupe as the greens fade out. 5A2C1CC8-A8BF-43BE-8748-378E224233E1.jpeg

View attachment 223069Here are the things my neighbor gave me. The bottom row was the seeds today. The tomato’s were last week but they were already 6” tall. He has a green house.
Green Zebras are great, you’ll love them. I’m planting next weekend. We never plant before Memorial Day and even then we’ve been snowed on after that.

Hard frost Friday night followed by T-Storms and hail on Saturday. I pretended to go fishing.

Did the first pass with the tiller tonight. Tomatoes, Zuccini. Armenian Cucumbers. Greens

Growing in Alaska!

Started seeds in late March, early April. Heat mats under led lights. Pics from today, in the back yard greenhouse.

IMG_0508.jpgIMG_0506.jpgIMG_0507.jpg

My greatest threat..............................................................................................................

IMG_0481.jpg

In the ground, outside, we got cabbage, Kohlrabi, brussle sprout, califlower, Broccoli, zuccinis, squashes. Temps are holding low @ 40+
Greenhouse has peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes. All flowers hardened off, baskets outside!

What do you have planted, post your planting tips, harvest pics, and culinary lics here!
My garden is in, I have no green thumb but I enjoy it until about august when I’ll be tired of picking stuff everyday. I need to weed bad. View attachment 223043
Gold Potatoes
Radishes
Onions
Garlic
Tomatoes
Peppers (4 variety)
Broccoli
Kale
Cauliflower
Beans
Watermelon
Cantalope
Cucumber
Zucchini
Pumpkins
Thank for this post! I was thinking side dishes to our meat harvests, need some recognition also.

Growing in Alaska!

Started seeds in late March, early April. Heat mats under led lights. Pics from today, in the back yard greenhouse.

View attachment 223596View attachment 223597View attachment 223598

My greatest threat..............................................................................................................

View attachment 223599
That is a beautiful greenhouse! The produce they grow in AK is pretty amazing!
Thank for this post! I was thinking side dishes to our meat harvests, need some recognition also.
Since I am just a fat kid i think about food all day long. I plant my garden with recipes in mind. It is very rewarding when you can put a meal together using produce and meat you have acquired without help from others!

Back