2023Ammo Shortages, Here We Go Again

In one local gun shop here they buy estate collections.

If you go in you can always tell when a hunter or collector passed away, because the used rifle/shotguns racks have three or more of the same rifle in different calibers (like the old Ruger M77s) in the same condition. Or in the case there are multiple revolvers of the same make / vintage.

Not sure where the ammo goes. I doubt a gun shop would re-sell used ammo.
I picked up a really sweet Weatherby 22lr recently in such a shop. It was hard not walking out with 5k worth of rifle purchases is all I can say😂😂20230130_151910.jpg

This was interesting and relevant:

Good video.

NRA guy tellin non-truths right away - "Vista outdoors stepped up and bought the plant, they're ammo people, that's all they do!" Huh. Didn't know bell (bike helments), bushnell and bushnell golf, camp chef, gold tip, stone glacier, simms, primos, camelback, giro (helmets), fox, quiet kat, etc were ammo companies.

No. mtmuley

Ok. Let me enlighten you. This site is FULL of people who hoarded and are trying to rip people off.

If you still don't believe me that this is happening, then oh well. I don't really care.

Ok. Let me enlighten you.

Not sure what you expect of today's prices. Most popular cartridges seem available in stores and not priced out of line. I guess if you want to shoot, it is what it is. There's no good reason to handload though. mtmuley

Not sure what you expect of today's prices. Most popular cartridges seem available in stores and not priced out of line. I guess if you want to shoot, it is what it is. There's no good reason to handload though.
If you can get primers but I assume a lot of those have been hoarded too. Prices of certain (available) ammo are coming back down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back