2023 Wyoming?

It would have been nice to know I would have 100% drawn my tag…. before I withdrew my application. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Actually that’s not accurate. I would have wanted to know before applying in UT. Now I’ll wait for the inevitable rejection there and pray CO 2nd or 3rd choice comes through. Every year gets harder to guess where I’ll actually hunt!

Last edited:
Successful on general elk with 4 points in special. Saw this posted elsewhere, it's depressing. Wonder what it means for the future of the general tag. How long until lots of general tags are being hunted UT posse hunter style.

View attachment 276107
Wow, that's depressing. The tag has been publicized like crazy by hunting media and its starting to show/hurt.

Successful on general elk with 4 points in special. Saw this posted elsewhere, it's depressing. Wonder what it means for the future of the general tag. How long until lots of general tags are being hunted UT posse hunter style.

View attachment 276107

About 12,400 nr applied for gen tags this year out of the 162,000+ with points. Of that 162K probably 80,000 bothered to even apply for a hunt. The "vast majority" applying for gen tags isn't reality.

Last edited:
For comparison, other odds you currently face or faced:

Drawing a Resident WY sheep tag in the random draw: 1 in 185
Death by vehicular wreck, per lifetime: 1 in 101
Being ambidextrous, 1 in 112
Falling to your death: 1 in 117
Odds of being audited by IRS, per year: 1 in 160
Drawing a Resident WY sheep tag in the random draw: 1 in 185
Being father of twins during her next pregnancy: 1 in 250
Being born with at least one extra finger or toe: 1 in 750
Being born on Leap Day: 1 in 1,461
Drawing a NR WY sheep tag in the random draw: 1 in 2,616
Your house burning down, per year: 1 in 3,050
Having your vehicle stolen, per year: 1 in 3,200
Getting a perfect score on the SAT: 1 in 3,330
This is hilarious and somehow gives me hope!

So Wyoming Game and Fish generated $145,000 of revenue for the credit card companies just in service charges on nonresident bighorn sheep applications that were in the random draw.
I bailed years ago with no regrets. Just pissing money away with those odds. I’d buy Bitcoin before I applied there. 😂 CO, NV & AZ provide me a flicker of hope for far less.

Last edited:
I ended up with a 41-7 cow/calf elk tag. This will be my first western hunt and am beyond excited. Going with a buddy from the corps, who holds the same tag. I believe we have a good start with onx and constant WGFD calls haha. If anyone has hunted this area (can only hunt north of trapper creek) and would be willing to share ANY advice I will find a way to send MI atlantic salmon to ya haha. I have some worries about the roads that I will actually be able to access and things of that nature. Not looking for a 10 digit grid point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back