2023 Wyoming?

Isn't it the NR's that generated the revenue for the CC companies? No gun to anyone's head.
No gun to my head, just a bad taste in my mouth because of the waste. Just wish they allowed other methods of payment that did not charge so much for a transaction fee. There are many other options out there that are 100% automated that would simply require a little bit of effort on their part to get it set up. Most companies that have transactions of $1,000 or more have other options for payment that can be as low as .5%.

So Wyoming Game and Fish generated $145,000 of revenue for the credit card companies just in service charges on nonresident bighorn sheep applications that were in the random draw.
IF Wyoming is truly letting the CC banks make that 2.5% money, that is disgusting waste.

But consider New Mexico for a moment. Some of us put $8,000 annually on CC with New Mexico every year. But yet NM does NOT charge a 2.5% credit card fee. New Mexico only charges a ~$69 base hunting license and $14/species (x7). So, about $160 total cost to me for that $8,000 transaction. If New Mexico was being charged a 2.5% CC fee (by the processor) on $8,000, that would be about $200. So, NM would be losing money on each one of us every year. Clearly New Mexico would not engage in a net negative transaction with each of us.

So, is Wyoming lying about the 2.5% CC transaction fee? Does WGF really have to pay the 2.5% transaction fee on a transaction that is later reversed? Or, do you believe that NM is really losing money on each of us every year?

Wyoming tells us that 2.5% is a must-charge and passes through to the CC bank. But does that sound believable after looking at New Mexico?

I did. Probably had 5 weeks into it and the tag fee wound up being the cheaper part to getting it done. For anything other than a drag off the refuge I would avoid tag n drag at all costs. Other outfitters in the area would be a much better choice.
Hope they didn't try to blame you for a bad shot like they did me. I'll never forget that guides face and hope I see him again somewhere, with my spouse.

It all depends on the credit card processor that you are contracted with, but generally if the transaction is reversed within a certain time frame they don't charge the full transaction fee. New Mexico doesn't hold onto your money nearly as long as Wyoming does (5 months for elk applications).

Remember, just a few years ago Wyoming was writing Warrant Checks for refunds and you could tell whether you drew or not based on checking the state treasurer website to see if you were getting a check back or not so they are still in the dark ages a bit.

Any payment form that is tied to a bank account generally has lower transaction fees since they don't have the credit risk to worry about, just the cost of processing the transaction.

No gun to my head, just a bad taste in my mouth because of the waste. Just wish they allowed other methods of payment that did not charge so much for a transaction fee. There are many other options out there that are 100% automated that would simply require a little bit of effort on their part to get it set up. Most companies that have transactions of $1,000 or more have other options for payment that can be as low as .5%.
Debit card.

So, is Wyoming lying about the 2.5% CC transaction fee? Does WGF really have to pay the 2.5% transaction fee on a transaction that is later reversed? Or, do you believe that NM is really losing money on each of us every year?

Wyoming tells us that 2.5% is a must-charge and passes through to the CC bank. But does that sound believable after looking at New Mexico?

You really are a clown. Even a dipshit can call and get the info.

Hope they didn't try to blame you for a bad shot like they did me. I'll never forget that guides face and hope I see him again somewhere, with my spouse.
I think we need the rest of this story 😀

I think we need the rest of this story 😀
The only bad shot I admit to involved 1.5 ounces of Malibu Rum. There have been a couple of shots on the mountain though did not involve a pour of booze. Those shots were immediately obvious and involved quick follow up shots. As, did the Malibu shot. With bourbon. Gargled with it first. I applaud Wyoming holding out hope and there being a pool of NR applicants participating which seem to have a strong overlap with guests at strip clubs who are optimistic the hottest dancer is within $100 more in tips from deciding to come home with them for the night. Your money, your dream. Go for it!

Too soon to get this one up and moving again for next week's non-resident elk draw?

I withdrew my pronghorn and special elk applications to focus on New Mexico tag. However, I did keep my hat in the ring for a west/central late season cow elk. I even talked a buddy into applying with me to freeze to death. Should be fun if we draw it.

Since putting my son in for an elk tag (changed it to GEN) and cow tag I have been trying to forget about the draw dates so I don’t spend 4 months wondering if I’ll draw haha but I did google the draw date as it’s getting close.

Is this Thursday the draw date every one is expecting?

Since putting my son in for an elk tag (changed it to GEN) and cow tag I have been trying to forget about the draw dates so I don’t spend 4 months wondering if I’ll draw haha but I did google the draw date as it’s getting close.

Is this Thursday the draw date every one is expecting?
When I pulled my tag last year it was in my email super early like 7am our time my buddy in Wyoming sent me big 3 results in same time frame this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back