MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2023 Official WY NR Antelope FAQ

O….so because he saw a few it made it ok. Even tho the data that they are in sharp decline is out there…..hmmmm

Lopes have been on the decline the last few years with tag cuts across the state…

Mule deer a long time…..

Wonder if we could use the simple search function and find those….

Probably saw a few of those too so it was ok there as well.

Rules for thee and not for me….🤣

Well confirmed.

There is some well used quote here about glass houses or something🤔
No because I've worked for 20 years in the country I hunted both my moose in. Two of the most stable moose units/herds in the state, go look at the permit numbers for units 24 and 26 from 2008-2022. The herds in both units are actually doing better because of some fires the past ten years or so. Look at the harvest stats and success rates.

I also was on the WGBLC on the moose committee for a decade during that time and approved a bunch of habitat projects for those 2 areas specifically. Another of the reasons that particular herd is stable to increasing in numbers.

If you're going to come at me with your butthurt agenda, you're going to have to do a couple things: bring a better game and get your facts straight. I have mine together, I assure you.

Shooting a moose from a stable to increasing herd that's been that way for the past 20 years is wayyyyyy different from pounding on pronghorn that have suffered 30-50+% losses due to a bad winter. A winter that is one of the worst in decades.

You're flat out of your depth...and like I said all it takes is common sense, which you seem to be lacking.

No because I've worked for 20 years in the country I hunted both my moose in. Two of the most stable moose units/herds in the state, go look at the permit numbers for units 24 and 26 from 2008-2022. The herds in both units are actually doing better because of some fires the past ten years or so. Look at the harvest stats and success rates.

I also was on the WGBLC on the moose committee for a decade during that time and approved a bunch of habitat projects for those 2 areas specifically. Another of the reasons that particular herd is stable to increasing in numbers.

If you're going to come at me with your butthurt agenda, you're going to have to do a couple things: bring a better game and get your facts straight. I have mine together, I assure you.

Shooting a moose from a stable to increasing herd that's been that way for the past 20 years is wayyyyyy different from pounding on pronghorn that have suffered 30-50+% losses due to a bad winter. A winter that is one of the worst in decades.

You're flat out of your depth...and like I said all it takes is common sense, which you seem to be lacking.
No Buzz you’re right….. you are righteous and everyone should just do what you say….

Because….well it’s golden as long as you agree with it.

It’s awesome that moose are slightly….growing in population in one little area….maybe the animals are doing ok in my little area….I saw a bunch so that meets your standard and thus should be golden.

There now. You should be happy! Your guidance has been applied.

No Buzz you’re right….. you are righteous and everyone should just do what you say….

Because….well it’s golden as long as you agree with it.

It’s awesome that moose are slightly….growing in population in one little area….maybe the animals are doing ok in my little area….I saw a bunch so that meets your standard and thus should be golden.

There now. You should be happy! Your guidance has been applied.
If you can read, yeah, one "little area" that happens to be the largest herd in Wyoming and guess who was on the committee that approved 250k toward this research?

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You got yourself jammed up, found yourself in a hole and choose to just keep digging.

Carry on...plenty more where that came from.

I'm confused, moose are only doing ok in 1 little area according to HandgunHunter?
I must have seen every moose in several areas then over the last say couple of hunting seasons.

Get those apps in, mine is.

I'm confused, moose are only doing ok in 1 little area according to HandgunHunter?
I must have seen every moose in several areas then over the last say couple of hunting seasons.

Get those apps in, mine is.

Residents, yes. An NR with under 21 points for moose is a fool to apply for WY moose this year thanks to the cuts.

Even bigger fool if he/she buys another $150 moose point in addition to the $100+ to apply.

I spend alot of money across the west, but WY moose for an NR is one of the worst deals around. Only NR WY sheep competes for worst deal around.

I agree with you 232 on the NR apps but I don't agree that only 1 small area is doing ok.
Just not the case for moose.

My get those apps in is for those with a chance.
I gave up on Colorado after 3 PP and 7 bonus PPs, or whatever they call them now.

The only odds I worry about are my odds if I don't apply.
A person with unlimited funds can apply indiscriminately in that fashion. But most of us apply with some cost/benefit analysis in mind. And WY moose (random tags, for guys less than about 21 points) is now the most expensive moose application (for what you get) . It is greater than $100 for miniscule chance at 2 random moose tags? One should apply everywhere else first, ID, MT, UT, CO, VT, ME, NH, AK. Wyoming is clearly the worst random moose deal around. Wyoming Sheep too.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back