Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2023/2024 update !!! Norris Road Elk Hunt

I’ve thought for years about opening a breakfast burrito and sportsmen’s supply shop in Cameron, keep it simple, chorizo,egg,cheese, home fries, burritos and any box of ammo that has the drop data listed on the box. Also rent winches with 1760 yards of cable for 500 a day.

I guess they were pounding elk at gardiner the last week.
I’ve thought for years about opening a breakfast burrito and sportsmen’s supply shop in Cameron, keep it simple, chorizo,egg,cheese, home fries, burritos and any box of ammo that has the drop data listed on the box. Also rent winches with 1760 yards of cable for 500 a day.
I see the "harvest" reports show very high successes last 2 weeks. I've hunted that country exactly one day, 22 years ago.

Man I wish HtM was still around for this thread and the other montana elk thread. Would be gold
HE's out there, pickup idling, holding down the fort on the NREH.

HE's got one bumper sticker to throw the would-be NREH shooters off the scent:

1668719498980.jpeg

And if that’s not enough, HE’s got another to make fellas question whether or not shooting at a running herd of elk off the highway is worth it:

1668719646545.jpeg

HE's out there, pickup idling, holding down the fort on the NREH.

HE's got one bumper sticker to throw the would-be NREH shooters off the scent:

View attachment 250684

And if that’s not enough, HE’s got another to make fellas question whether or not shooting at a running herd of elk off the highway is worth it:

View attachment 250685
It can’t be that expensive to get HTM bumper stickers made.

I’m looking into it.

I’m so out of the loop at this point. I just gonna head to AZ and chase bulls. You MT hunters have fun.

The permanent swarms of elk living there now and not 10-20 miles south is a new thing (10-15) years. Elk habits have changed. Hunter habits haven’t. This is 1996. Same place. Big weather pushed bulls off Turners and Dehanns and a couple guys got trigger happy. Others showed up with tags…

View attachment 250607
What I really like about these Norris road hunters is the fact that they all have their mouths closed for the photo.

Last edited:
My friend had just dropped me off. I'd already reached the summit of the mountain on the left with my camera equipment. I'm making a new short hunting film, to be streamed on YouTube and aired at the next BHA pint night titled, Dumbphucks Among Us.

Film drop will be perfectly timed with the premier episode of the Donkeypunch Outdoors podcast, a round table interview with 3 famous hunttalk members on their elk hunting experience (and life with their emotional support animals), one from Utah, and two from Belgrade. Topics include how to "getting to know landowners & how to say you've shot more elk than anyone" "glassing techniques and name dropping" and "finding off the grid honeyholes for once in a lifetime hunting experiences"
Hopefully rocking Kuiu kevlar with Treebark trauma plates.

Back