PEAX Equipment

2022 Wyoming Bull Bison

Awesome hunt! He's massive! I can't wait til I get that successful draw email, 0 for 2 so far...

E28FF468-0452-48D9-92EE-E127FF348C31.jpeg

Hitchin a ride home. The half body mount will probably take a year and unless we move will have to be displayed in the local Sportsman’s Warehouse as we don’t have the room!

The bison bug has bitten me bad, especially the high country bulls. Even though my bull was shot in the wilderness, it created an insatiable desire to kill one of the rare bulls up in sheep country.

It may take me 30 years to get another tag for this endeavor in Wyoming, but I truly believe there is no finer trophy that could be had.

View attachment 259562

Hitchin a ride home. The half body mount will probably take a year and unless we move will have to be displayed in the local Sportsman’s Warehouse as we don’t have the room!

The bison bug has bitten me bad, especially the high country bulls. Even though my bull was shot in the wilderness, it created an insatiable desire to kill one of the rare bulls up in sheep country.

It may take me 30 years to get another tag for this endeavor in Wyoming, but I truly believe there is no finer trophy that could be had.
Awesome

Great reread and thanks for the update, euro pic. That’s truly a beast and worthy of both the half bottle of BTrace and the Capri Sun!

Awe, yes you are correct. I shouldn't have said you won't get another one, just probably won't 😁
You know someone who gets bull bison tags every other year?
Governor's tags....you could get 4 every year if you want. Six if you draw the trifecta and raffle, and seven if you're lucky in the resident only draw for Gordon's tag.

Awe, yes you are correct. I shouldn't have said you won't get another one, just probably won't 😁
You know someone who gets bull bison tags every other year?
I wasn’t supposed to get the first tag after only 4 years of applying so another tag in 30 years seems doable.

And yes, I do know someone who gets bull bison tags every other year.

On the wall.

Attachments

• 3675CA78-D44D-40CE-A982-D8AE01DF99FF.jpeg
    3675CA78-D44D-40CE-A982-D8AE01DF99FF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
View attachment 259562

I would not suggest putting your mount in a Sportsman's Warehouse. They are barely hanging on the wall and not installed correctly. Sportsman's Warehouse is also doing away with mounts and calling customers to pick them up and take them away. Also they will damage your mounts and lie to you. The worthless Store Manager of the SW in Casper picked up a damaged elk mount by the ear and completely tore the hide and ripped the ear almost off, plus when the elk fell it smashed the eye etc. It has been sitting in a shopping cart for months in the break room. It originally fell off the wall because a small child bounced a ball in the air and hit the mount and came crashing down. Doesn't seem pretty sturdy to me. Just FYI

How old do you guys think that bull is guys? Is he in his mating prime of 6-10 years old or is he an old patriarch of 15+? He is just massive.
The tooth aging was just posted online and my bull was aged at 13.5; the oldest bull killed last season in Wyoming. Not quite as senile as another member's from the year before, but far more than I ever could have hoped for. As best as I could figure the age of the bulls slowly crept down the later the season went on as they either got shot or wandered enough to avoid people. He was likely the second or third bull up the valley from what I "heard" so there are still a couple old timers out there that are likely older and bigger.

Incredible animals, especially the mountain variety, that I do hope more people get to experience from a hunting perspective. I think it will take decades for it to really sink in how big of a deal this once in a lifetime endeavor was with such an iconic animal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back