2022 Idaho Fire season has begun

Ive not kept up. It’s been beautiful over here toward Bozeman, rain every couple days. Ive even heard the huckleberries are coming early in ID from all the rain!?

Lots of little green nubs showing. It will be a crazy HB year. I got a mushroom today report that basically said I missed the best year in memory.

Amazed there are fires north of us when we are still getting rain every night here. There has been lightning, so I guess it was going to happen. Temps are working their way up.

Lots of little green nubs showing. It will be a crazy HB year. I got a mushroom today report that basically said I missed the best year in memory.

Amazed there are fires north of us when we are still getting rain every night here. There has been lightning, so I guess it was going to happen. Temps are working their way up.
Same here.. looking to hit near 100 next week… the berry trend is almost like the hunting trend with all the newcomers and we missed the best of it last year- although there wasn’t much to show. This year is reminiscent of a couple years ago where we filled many gallon bags. We plan to go out early this year. I’ll look to you to know when prime time is, I suppose! Lol it’s too bad the export law in ID on those massive Berries you guys have

Ive not kept up. It’s been beautiful over here toward Bozeman, rain every couple days. Ive even heard the huckleberries are coming early in ID from all the rain!?
I’ve also heard this but I was up in Island Park last weekend and I think I will be going other places to pick huckleberries this year.

Not seeing fires up here on the map? Maybe a mobile issue. Looks like some road closures, but I think they are just construction projects?

Should be driving by some of early huckleberry spots tomorrow. Looks like a good year. But I don't think I've seen a bad year in the last 5 🤷‍♂️. I mean I hope we have huckleberries this year have never seen one before.

Not seeing fires up here on the map? Maybe a mobile issue. Looks like some road closures, but I think they are just construction projects?

Should be driving by some of early huckleberry spots tomorrow. Looks like a good year. But I don't think I've seen a bad year in the last 5 🤷‍♂️. I mean I hope we have huckleberries this year have never seen one before.
One in Clarkia. Make sure you check the "Current Fire Incident" box

Talked to one of the regional fire bosses in La Grande. Very wet spring equals lots of grass. Dry grass carries fire, but wet spring makes the fire season shorter, soo we'll see. Optimistic it won't be as bad in Oregon this year.
If it keeps burning around Chukerman I may have to quit bird hunting.

Seems this map showing fires must not be significant? I’ve been watching one in the SW Owyhee area on this map but can’t find any info on it anywhere else. Is ID letting these small fires burn out or are they suppressing?

Seems this map showing fires must not be significant? I’ve been watching one in the SW Owyhee area on this map but can’t find any info on it anywhere else. Is ID letting these small fires burn out or are they suppressing?
If you click on the flame icon you will get anywhere from one to 3 info screens. You can see containment percentage, which agency is managing the fire, etc.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back