Caribou Gear

2022 Colorado draw results!!!!

I think that would help me lay off the trigger and wait for something above mid-sized, BUT I used to think that about having two deer tags instead of one, and it didn’t help.

Best of luck.
I look at it as the first tag fills the freezer, the second (or third) fills the wall.

I look at it as the first tag fills the freezer, the second (or third) fills the wall.
Sorta my plan, except my first tag is always outta state, and thus where I place my higher hopes, then by the afternoon of day 3 my standards start dropping rapidly as I begin to think I’ll hold out for something big at home. My home deer season is the week of thanksgiving where, despite knowing there are better deer than I’ve ever killed, I begin to feel A) the pressure to get it over with and spend time with family, B) the pressure to put more meat in the freezer because we could probably eat 3-4 deer, C) the suspicion that the other 4-5 guys hunting here may have killed the “big one”, and D) the assumption that since I haven’t seen a big one yet this year, this is probably a down year. Then, a week after season I see a monster. Never fails.

If I hunted the whole season and saw a monster a week later I’d think “sweet he made it through! Can’t wait to hunt him next year”. But no. I usually kill one on day 2-4 of 9, so when a see a big one after the season closes I think “stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid”.

Last edited:
Elk sooner than I expected. Thought tomorrow for sure at the earliest. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: LCH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back