2021 Plans - Dead in the Water

Eprevost_tec

Hi All,

Looks like my 2021 plans are dead in the water.

Unfortunately you folks south of the border have followed pace with new travel requirements here in Canada. All travelers entering Canada, and now the US, have to have a negative COVID test before boarding the plane, and then still quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

The plan was to burn some accumulated points in Wyoming this year on a trophy antelope unit. Given that travel and other restrictions are going to last for some time, it looks like you wont have any Canadians coming to hunt south of the border this year.

Its quite disappointing because the wester states have some of the best hunting and wildlife management programs in the world. Canada, and in particular my home province of Ontario, is a complete joke.

Best of luck to all of the resident, and US non resident hunter on the upcoming draw seasons. Looks like I will just be contributing to another year of point creep ….

Get a test, stay distanced gathering provisions, remain isolated on your hunt. Not to mention given the current rates of infection and rollouts of vaccines, I'd suspect the picture will be vastly different in 6 months.

Vaccinations are going fairly well in Alaska....hopefully they will get better.
The 65 and older cohort are now eligible for vaccination.
~73,000 Alaskans have received their first vaccine, which is ~10% of the state's resident population.

I'm still applying in south of the border in states I can withdraw my apps later in the year... I'd rather lose some app fees than opportunities if the land border were to re-open....

To my Canadian friends : I have two fishing trips and a hunting trip planned for Canada this year. I am hoping for the best. Things could look different in a few months. I am hoping that if you have been vaccinated, and can show the card at the border, they will allow passage. I get my second shot in 9 days. On another note, I apologize for our new President shutting down the pipeline so important to Alberta and the rest of your country...

At this time, even if you come to the border with a negative test, and you are vaccinated, you still have to quarantine for 14 days. The border officials also follow up. They ask what your quarantine plan is when you cross so you have to have a solid plan.

I suspect that you folks I. The US are following suit on these controls

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back