2021 Hunt Plans

WY-sept pronghorn
WI-take the oldest for youth deer season 1 or 2
waterfowl trips
IL-waterfowl, coyotes, maybe deer but unlikely
Some other state- late season ducks after it.
closes here

All hunts I applied for are here in New Mexico.

I put in for bull elk 1st choice and cow elk 2nd choice.

Deer

Antelope

Finally I put in for javelina.

it’s hilarious how plans evolve. how i get so psyched up for a hunt and then Utah decides to do their general deer dates on a different pattern than usual and now
im just going hog wild

Montana antelope
ducks and trout on the bighorn
first rifle CO Elk
NM deer
CO deer
KS deer
not to mention screwing around near home in a couple new england states for deer
And then taking my Son with me for late gun season in Ohio on the way to IL for Christmas.

I heard some guy say once
hunt when you can because you’re going to run out of health before you run out of money

I have learned I can plan extensively for the upcoming fall, but it is ALWAYS too full and looks radically different from what was planned.

With that, I am fairly certain I will have a UT early rifle elk tag this year. I am looking very forward to it and will plan around that.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all draw some great tags!
Also cautiously optimistic that WY will determine I have accrued enough PPs for them to bless me with a 2K moose tag.

Working to get my first buck this year. Have a few chances with the CA blackmails here, might try the sierras for a CA mule, and put in for a CO unit but that'll be crap shoot to say the least in regards to drawing.

Colorado points only
Wyoming points only
Montana general deer/elk I expect to draw
After missing out last fall I'm looking forward to Sept.

In the game for

WY elk, deer, antelope
NM deer, elk, antelope
CO deer

Definitely will hunt IA turkeys and archery IA whitetails close to home

If no tags drawn may backfill w waterfowl somewhere

Fingers crossed for NM elk
Kentucky elk
pa elk
pa deer and turkeys
points for CO, WYO, MT
oh yeah almost forgot BHS raffle
bottom line probably PA deer and turkey

Wyoming deer and antelope points.
Some long shot units for fun, maybe Nevada or something.
A late Colorado deer hunt if I can draw it, point if not.
Gonna try and chase bears here in Georgia.
Will go with my brother if he pulls an elk tag this year, he has a decent shot.

And last but not least... just like every year I'll be trying to smack a few whitetails here in the Peach State. If that's the only thing I do, I'm happy.

Hoping to draw the new archery Elk tag in UT for all of Sept. probably won’t but a guy can dream!

Mentoring a good buddy who has never hunted. Will do a spike elk hunt in Oct.

Hoping to draw a 3rd rifle deer tag for a buddies ranch in So. Colorado. Hoping to draw but will have an OTC elk tag if I don’t.

Buying points for CO deer and Elk. a baby due in October threw a wrench in any travel hunts.

-Z
Same, except mines coming in August. I did apply for NM aoudad, and one of the December elk hunts. Other than that its Georgia whitetails, and hopefully a north Florida river trip for ducks and deer. If I don't draw anything I may go for an OTC spring bear somewhere next year

Wyoming deer and antelope points.
Some long shot units for fun, maybe Nevada or something.
A late Colorado deer hunt if I can draw it, point if not.
Gonna try and chase bears here in Georgia.
Will go with my brother if he pulls an elk tag this year, he has a decent shot.

And last but not least... just like every year I'll be trying to smack a few whitetails here in the Peach State. If that's the only thing I do, I'm happy.
IF I LET YOU

Gained points in Colorado for Sheep, Goat, Elk, and Mule Deer.

September - Colorado Archery Elk
October - Idaho Rifle Mule Deer
Oct/November - Oklahoma Muzzle-loader, Archery, Rifle for Whitetail Deer
December - Oklahoma Pheasant
January - Oklahoma Rabbit
February - Oklahoma Coyotes

Gained my first point in CO this year for Elk. Also picked up a cow tag in the secondary draw. Super excited about that, figured I'd give myself the best chance of brining home some meat being this is my first year doing a Western hunt specifically Elk. Will be heading out there during second rifle. Good luck and good hunting to everyone hunting this year!

Moving during summer but
Scotland for stags and geese - Oct
Black Bear in NC - early Nov
3rd Rifle Mule Deer in CO - late Nov

Burning 8 points in Colorado on either elk or deer. Gotta get rid of them.
Then hoping for deer or antelope in Montana.
Funny how things change depending on what you draw. This was my plan and then it changed to a bear hunt in Wisconsin, cow elk hunt in Wyoming and a deer hunt in Montana. Colorado next year maybe.

2021 - buy Wyoming points for deer, antelope and elk
August - Gator @ Lake Seminole (guaranteed draw)
Sept/Oct - whitetail archery on Georgia private lease
Oct - possible OTC deer archery in Nebraska public
Nov - Rifle whitetail on Georgia public during the rut (if drawn)
Dec - Rifle whitetail on S. Georgia public (if drawn) + bear on NF in N. Georgia
Throughout the season - small game, waterfowl, hogs

That time of the year when I start planning on 2021 hunts. I am fully retired so it will not be as robust as 2020 hunt was.

Antelope - Putting in for Type 1 any antelope, plus type 6 and trying for as many leftovers as I can get. I tagged out on antelope in 2020 and love the meat. This likely to be my first hunt and depends on which area I draw.
Mule Deer - Putting in for Type 1 tag for area I know to hold bucks and does that can be hunted, have not thought out alternatives yet if I do not draw, but definitely want a muley next year buck or doe (meat). Also putting in for a couple type 6 licenses and if any leftovers for my area, I will definitely try to scarf them up.
Elk - Hunting on general (Edit: Elk hunt likely cancelled this year due to budget)
Moose - putting in but don't expect to draw but looking to get preference points
Bear - plan to have general tag just in case, but not actively hunting one based on what I learned from the 2020 hunts for the area I hunted elk (Edit: Likely cancelled this year due to budget)
Small game, plan to increase the number of times I go out for rabbits and grouse.
Fishing - Elk hunt will also involve some fishing time. I caught some massive wild rainbows on some BLM land and going back for more

Still hope to find a fishing and hunting partner that can do most of the hunts with me. Ideally one that is not tied to a lot of booze. Don't mind drinking at camp once guns are unloaded and put away but during the hunt and when yer driving makes me nervous. I only drink beer myself and only at camp after hunt is over for the day.
My plans have been in the works since the days I applied.
Wyoming pronghor n
Wyoming mule deer
Minnesota deer
Wisconsin deer
and a Christmas trip to Tennessee to see my daughter & grandson.
My stroke last winter has me still struggling to get work done on my pickup camper, I'm working on an outdoor shower for it and a folding step to climb on to the tail gate.
Still doing some therapy and hope to be in great physical condition by Oct 1.
I rarely drink on my solo hunts too. Maybe a scotch & tonic on kill day.

Back