2021 CO Mule Deer 2nd Season GMU 21 ... points required?

Rhino Hunter

With the new five year plan that postponed the seasons by a week...what do you think it'll do to the points required to draw a tag. Last year it took 6-7 points min for a NR 2nd season to draw. What's your best guess for this year???

Thanx!

hard to say, 3rd and 4th season i'm certainly expecting some point jumps for a number of units that already require 1 or more points at a minimum

2nd season could stay more stable, but who really knows

2 or 3 less than what 3rd season took last year. They're not far off on dates.

I'm not sure it'll be that much. It took 8 (Res) and 19 (NR) points to draw the 3rd season last year.

For the 2nd season I'm guessing 8-10 (NR). Last year it took 6/7 points to draw.

I'm not sure it'll be that much. It took 8 (Res) and 19 (NR) points to draw the 3rd season last year.

For the 2nd season I'm guessing 8-10 (NR). Last year it took 6/7 points to draw.
I hope you're right. We hunt 2nd season elsewhere that has just recently bumped to a 2 point draw. We're hoping it only goes up 1 this year but I don't know. The 3rd season took 9 last year.

I have similar questions but in addition to the dates I think a large portion of the disparity in PP required has to do w tag qty......in 21 looks like 86 nonres tags for 2nd season only 11 nonres tags for 3rd (if I'm reading info correctly that is)....

....so who knows but I'd guess 7-8PP required for 2nd this year?

Yes, they shift later every few years, but in the 2015-2019 season structure the latest 3rd season ever ran was through Nov. 13. This year it starts on Nov. 13. The latest 4th season ran was through Nov. 20. This year it starts on Nov. 24. That's pretty significant.

Right, but the big season structure shift already happened in 2020. That was a good “come off the sidelines” year. Is there going to be some point creep this year, yeah I’d bet on it. But not 6 point draw moving to a 12 point draw kind of change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back