2020 Idaho Mule Deer Success

poormanslam

The last time I placed a tag on a deer in Idaho was 2014 (the buck in my Avatar). I really felt like I may never tag another one. I found several in the 160-170 class Since 2014 but felt like it was time to hold out As I had not taken a real good buck in along time. Also it seems as I age the killing is becoming a smaller part of the adventure. I scout probably 7-10 days per year and hunt another 5-7. That puts me at least 70 plus days into this deer. It’s a deer I think I have history with, albeit several years ago. I was extremely fortunate OR the Mule deer gods just really really like me. I have one more outing for 2020. Good luck to you all as the season starts to wind down. Full disclosure: Public land, DIY, general tag.
BC46C3D8-BA4A-4347-88E3-6064CAF35DA3.jpeg

Awesome deer! Congratulations! Hopefully I'll be heading to Idaho next season for a mule deer hunt.

Exceptional buck! Congratulations! I like those old bucks with character.
Even with a premium controlled hunt tag it will be very difficult to find one better than that.
A good friend killed a 200" Idaho general season buck while we were hunting together about 12 years ago. He said he might not ever find a bigger buck in his life. I told him I thought he would but it might take a few years. He has killed two bigger Idaho bucks since then. It seams like guys who put the time and effort in seem to "get lucky" more often than others. Keep at it and I wouldn't doubt you kill another toad or two over the next 10 years.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back