2020 Controlled Hunts

WildWill

The 2020 Oklahoma controlled hunt applications opened today and runs through May 20th. Some interesting changes to the elk hunts and some new Turkey and deer hunts. Goodluck everyone!

Interesting. Do you know if the antelope hunts are public land? Thanks for posting.
There is virtually no public land in the Texas county unit you would need access to private to have a real chance. Cimarron county does have some public land and more antelope. With a little work killing a antelope on public in Cimarron county is doable. Drew the Cimarron county doe tag in 2017 and harvested my antelope on public on day 2 of the hunt.

Check your accounts results are coming out. No elk or Turkey tag here still pending draw results for deer. My father in law drew Wichita NWR elk tag.

Congrats to him on the NWR draw. I gave up after 5 years. Got a couple buddies that drew tags this year as well. Moved from OKC to WY last year so better hunting here.

All I ever drew was Grady Co WMA. My kids drew the El Reno USDA Grasslands hunt and the Noble Research Institute hunts 3 years in a row. Fantastic youth hunts!!

Congrats to him on the NWR draw. I gave up after 5 years. Got a couple buddies that drew tags this year as well. Moved from OKC to WY last year so better hunting here.

All I ever drew was Grady Co WMA. My kids drew the El Reno USDA Grasslands hunt and the Noble Research Institute hunts 3 years in a row. Fantastic youth hunts!!
Wyoming is a amazing place to hunt! I've been fortunate enough to hunt antelope around Casper the last 2 year's, hoping to make it 3 if I'm lucky in the draw.

Haven't really looked into the youth hunts my oldest is just 5 but I'll need to. I've heard positive things about the El Reno USDA grasslands.

I'm south of Casper about 1.5 hours. Hope to draw first antelope this year as well.
The El Reno is a 2 deer hunt. In 3 years my oldest filled 5/6 tags. Saw some absolute monster bucks on that place.

Wyoming is a amazing place to hunt! I've been fortunate enough to hunt antelope around Casper the last 2 year's, hoping to make it 3 if I'm lucky in the draw.

Haven't really looked into the youth hunts my oldest is just 5 but I'll need to. I've heard positive things about the El Reno USDA grasslands.

Did you draw any WY tags? My boys and I got our area 50 antelope.

Yes sir! Drew a unit 71 type 1 tag and the wife and I both have a doe tag as well for the same unit.

Congrats. Sounds like a busy fall for y’all. Just found out my wife and I may both get cow elk tags as well donated to us through a disabled veterans group Hunting with Hero’s. I hope the wife gets it as she’s never hunted before.

Back