2020 begins! NM Oryx down!

Nice, I've nearly crashed into a few of them multiple times out on McGregor range. They may be skittish but they aren't afraid of an LMTV haha

Nice oryx! They are very cool looking animals. How are they as table fare?

Great picture! That is a real nice Oryx. I used to work the BP checkpoint on 54, toward the north end of McGregor. I am pretty familiar with all of that area. I killed three of those, when I lived there, but they were all over west. I never hunted McGregor, except for a muzzle loader antelope.

Brent, thanks again for helping me fill the same tag! Mine was quite a bit smaller than yours but it was such a fun hunt. You aren’t kidding about how sensitive they are to pressure. Saw a ton on Saturday but no good shots, then it was like someone flipped a switch and they all left the country Sunday morning. We didn’t see anything at all until we found this young bull in the last two hours of light. Sharp quartering away shot at 300 yards. As flighty as they had been, I didn’t think I’d get a better shot and he was bound to run into the no access area any second where we wouldn’t be able to pursue. Thankfully he only ran about 50 yards after the shot.

Attachments

• 96A051D4-81C4-47D9-BFBA-4726DBC97B11.jpeg
    96A051D4-81C4-47D9-BFBA-4726DBC97B11.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
Sorry, I am late to the thread, but HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! The meat is so good. Some of the best to be had. Definitely ranks higher than elk to my family. What a great story and a wonderful finish.

Back