Yeti GOBOX Collection

2019 Wyoming adventure

WildWill

I'd like to start this thread by thanking everyone who has taken the time to post their hunts or season on the live thread and allowing me and others to follow along and live vicariously through your experiences. I've enjoyed following along through the ups and downs and learning from some very knowledgeable people. I've decided it's about time I contributed. 20190913_182908.jpg
The truck is loaded and we are well on our way. Currently driving through west Kansas getting close to Colorado and just had our first driver change. Joining me this year is my father in law and my best friend Biff as always. Between the 3 of us we have 6 antelope tags and 1 deer tag. This will be my father in laws first time antelope hunting.

As of now the plans to have camp setup by 1pm take a long nap then go scout for some antelope. I've never hunted the unit but drove through last year and am hopeful will have a few down on opening day. After filling our antelope tags will move over near Thermopolis to see if I can fill my deer tag.

Last edited:
We made it safe to Wyoming after a long drive. We were exhausted by the time we got to our unit so we just set the cots up and slept. 20190914_194743.jpg

Spent this morning getting use to the unit and saw plenty of antelope. Just finished lunch and it's time to put some antelope down.20190914_114058.jpg

What unit will you be hunting for deer near Thermopolis? I drew a Unit 37 tag this year and will be going up in about a month when the rifle season opens in the unit.

After spending our first morning scouting we headed back to town. My father in law decided his ancient army caught wasn't going to cut it. So we headed to sportsman's warehouse in Casper then had lunch at taco John's before heading back. Shortly after entering back into our unit we found a group bedded in a cut tucked out of the wind. My father in law was able to sneak down top the rise and take his first antelope at about 50 yards.20190915_183624.jpg

Just a little later my buddy was up. I feel like we made the mistake of getting in a rush which resulted in a sub par hit. Thankfully she was hurt enough to allow him to move closer and put a finishing shot.20190915_174649.jpg

Last edited:
After killing 2 that afternoon we headed back to camp to cut them up and got them on ice. After eating dinner I walked up a hill near our campsite to glass around camp and found several groups of antelope nearby. 20190916_194727.jpgview of camp from hill

We decided I would go after the closes group in the morning while the guys got breakfast ready. Shortly before shooting light I got my gear together and headed out. I quickly spotted a group and closed to 160 yards. While ranging her and setting up my shooting sticks I spooked them and they pushed back out to 240 yards before stopping. I took aim at a large doe that was clear and shot dropping her.20190916_081829.jpg

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back