2019 CO Late Season Hail Mary - Private Land Access for Cow Elk?

JoMo

Hi Everyone - I struck out on my bull this year during 4th season and am now scrambling to try and locate some property where I could have a chance at finding a cow to fill the freezer. Not a great hunting year for me as my focus was on the family as we welcomed our second little one into the family in late August and I am looking at a relatively empty freezer for a first time in a long time. Things have turned a corner on the homefront so I could get out in the next 4-8 weeks to hopefully find a cow. I am hoping to get some elk meat but based on the leftovers that are available, my only real option here in CO is to find a ranch or landowner who would be willing to grant access. I would be willing to pay a trespass fee, but not willing to break the bank. I have never hunted private property before so I am naive with where to start. If anyone has a contact or information for where I should direct my efforts, I would really appreciate it.

I will also reach out to the Hunt Planning team at CDOW when they open on Monday, but thought I would check in here in case folks have some thoughts. I also have voicemails into the CDOW regional offices in hopes they might have some information too. I could also be open to WY if there is something worth pursuing there too. Thank you in advance - I know this is a long shot.

Here is the leftover list as of this morning (11/30/19):
1575150766201.png

Strongly suggest you secure access/permission before buying the tag. Those tags won't run out because of little-no access. You can check w outfitters in each GMU, they may point you toward a trespass fee scenario. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back