PEAX Equipment

2017 Wyo antelope success

great job and great trip with your father ...Quality father son is time is hard to beat. killing and fantastic antelope I am sure is just icing on the cake

Thanks for Sharing and congratulations on harvesting a beautiful prongbuck with dad by your side; my guess is that his meat should be fantastic with you shooting him relaxed in his bed.

Nice buck! Looks like he's got great probgs. Congrats.

How tall is he?

He's not super tall. A rough measurement (green, of course) was like 14-4/8" and 14-6/8". What he does have going for him is his high prongs and he carries some mass through the tips.

Thanks for the kind remarks, guys. It was a cool trip with my dad and just a lot of fun. If I get the chance I should post a few more pics of the ghost town that is Jeffrey City. Interesting place.

One of the underrated aspects of hunting is the what you learn from the things you weren't actually trying to find. The history surrounding my hunting area was fascinating. I was after pronghorn, but I found much more. Jeffrey City is a modern-day ghost town. Back during the Cold War, uranium mining was big business, and the hills around Jeffrey City had uranium. The town exploded in the late-50s and 60s. In the late-70s, during another up-turn in the uranium market, Jeffrey City got up to 4,000 residents. Then the market fell out in 1980. By '82, three-fourths of the town's residents had left. Today a mere 50 residents remain. That's almost a 99% reduction in population! For the last 35 years, nature has patiently been returning the town back into Wyoming prairie.
IMG_1080 (1).JPG
IMG_1074 (1).JPG
IMG_1051 (1).JPG

And then, when you're hunting central Wyoming, there's the mighty Oregon Trail and its many historically-significant sites slicing through your hunting area. Just a fascinating place...
IMG_0911 (1).JPG

Congrats on a special hunt!

Really cool about the ghost town. I didn't realize we had modern-day ghost towns to that extent. I'm with you, though, that the overall experience of exploring and learning about a foreign area is half the fun in a trip. Too bad such trips have to be so short and infrequent.

Congrats on a super pronghorn! Reading your hunt report made it even harder on me knowing I don't have a tag this year, but was a great read and photos, thanks for sharing. Bonus points for sharing it with your dad.

Great buck! That's a cool area, and good on you for spending time with your Dad.

Man nice buck and what an awesome experience congrats!!!!

I’m heading out to Wyoming w/ my son this evening in hopes of duplicating your experience!

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Back