Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2017 Utah General season elk hunt

okie_hotrod

Hey guys, my dad and I are headed to Utah October 2017 for the general any weapon elk season. This is a big list of firsts for both of us and we need a little help from the HT community. This is our first time elk hunting, first time hunting nonresident, and more specifically, first time hunting out West. I have a contact in the Vernal area that has a lot of experience elk hunting but he usually has private land access so I need some good places to start looking. My dad has done a lot for me and my family this year while I wasn't working a lot so I want this to be a good experience for him. Any help help would be certainly appreciated.

Hey Okie, I've never hunted Ut. But when I started hunting Idaho I reached out to game biologists. They were very helpful in selecting an area that fitted my hunting style and needs. I have considered hunting Ut. Is this an early or late season? OTC? Are you using a bow or rifle? ~Slim

Sorry for taking so long to get back to the thread. I did speak with a biologist and he offered one spot I should investigate when I get there but from what I've heard and read the area also sees a lot of pressure. I'll be rifle hunting during the general season which starts the second weekend of October and runs for about 3 weeks, I'm not 100% sure on the dates yet but that's pretty close.

I got your PM Grizz and much appreciated

I haven't had a chance to text you yet Troy but trust and believe I'll be giving you a shout as soon as work will cut me loose long enough. Going on 23 days without a day off and I'm ready to unplug for a while

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back