2017 Pronghorn Unit 68 Questions

My brother really does not like snakes - are they going to be an issue during archery season or rifle season? How many encounters would be typical?

I have absolutely nothing to contribute but this is hilarious that this is a serious consideration, good for you though for looking out for your brother! If it was mine I'd tell em to suck it up then pack a dozen fake rubber snakes throughout his gear and keep one handy to toss on em from time to time hahahahaah

I drew the tag a few years back. We had a fun hunt. I took this guy who netted after the drying period enough to win bragging rights from my hunting partners for biggest lope of the trip. It was 80-something. Don't remember the exact # offhand, as we only got them officially measured to settle a bet and wasn't looking to enter him in a book.

I'll be back there next year, as I'll have enough points. Will double up on my elk tag which I'm assuming we will draw with max -1 points. We hunted the end of the season and the goats were skittish, but there are enough contours in the land to move close enough for a shot. There are a few really good camping spots as well. Good luck with the draw!

DSCN0029.jpg

Hey Mixed Bag - Did you end up hunting unit 68? How did it go?

Thanks. Iowan

We hunted down by Lordsburg New Mexico a couple years ago and the ranch owner's son brought a shoe box full of rattles he collected off snakes just that year to us within 10 minutes of us showing up on the ranch- ruined the trip for my brother - every time a grasshopper took off he about jumped out of his boots. The best part is he is 6'4" and 240 lbs.

That is a good one for sure - I would be more than happy with that one.

I drew the tag a few years back. We had a fun hunt. I took this guy who netted after the drying period enough to win bragging rights from my hunting partners for biggest lope of the trip. It was 80-something. Don't remember the exact # offhand, as we only got them officially measured to settle a bet and wasn't looking to enter him in a book.

I'll be back there next year, as I'll have enough points. Will double up on my elk tag which I'm assuming we will draw with max -1 points. We hunted the end of the season and the goats were skittish, but there are enough contours in the land to move close enough for a shot. There are a few really good camping spots as well. Good luck with the draw!

View attachment 70613
Where did you camp in 68? Heading there to hunt goats in Oct

Back