Caribou Gear

2017 Pronghorn Unit 68 Questions

My brother really does not like snakes - are they going to be an issue during archery season or rifle season? How many encounters would be typical?

I have absolutely nothing to contribute but this is hilarious that this is a serious consideration, good for you though for looking out for your brother! If it was mine I'd tell em to suck it up then pack a dozen fake rubber snakes throughout his gear and keep one handy to toss on em from time to time hahahahaah

I drew the tag a few years back. We had a fun hunt. I took this guy who netted after the drying period enough to win bragging rights from my hunting partners for biggest lope of the trip. It was 80-something. Don't remember the exact # offhand, as we only got them officially measured to settle a bet and wasn't looking to enter him in a book.

I'll be back there next year, as I'll have enough points. Will double up on my elk tag which I'm assuming we will draw with max -1 points. We hunted the end of the season and the goats were skittish, but there are enough contours in the land to move close enough for a shot. There are a few really good camping spots as well. Good luck with the draw!

DSCN0029.jpg

Hey Mixed Bag - Did you end up hunting unit 68? How did it go?

Thanks. Iowan

We hunted down by Lordsburg New Mexico a couple years ago and the ranch owner's son brought a shoe box full of rattles he collected off snakes just that year to us within 10 minutes of us showing up on the ranch- ruined the trip for my brother - every time a grasshopper took off he about jumped out of his boots. The best part is he is 6'4" and 240 lbs.

That is a good one for sure - I would be more than happy with that one.

I drew the tag a few years back. We had a fun hunt. I took this guy who netted after the drying period enough to win bragging rights from my hunting partners for biggest lope of the trip. It was 80-something. Don't remember the exact # offhand, as we only got them officially measured to settle a bet and wasn't looking to enter him in a book.

I'll be back there next year, as I'll have enough points. Will double up on my elk tag which I'm assuming we will draw with max -1 points. We hunted the end of the season and the goats were skittish, but there are enough contours in the land to move close enough for a shot. There are a few really good camping spots as well. Good luck with the draw!

View attachment 70613
Where did you camp in 68? Heading there to hunt goats in Oct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back