2017 Oregon Coast Spring Bear.....with the Ol' 30-30.

Thanks guys! I was sweating it this year because it was really a late Spring and rained a lot up until last week. I got lucky to find a good bear so quick! I only saw two in the four hunts I went on.

Remember, Non Resident bear tags in Oregon are only $15 and the hunt I hunt can be drawn every year....

Well, I finally got around to reviewing what footage I got from this Springs bear hunt. I have not wanted to look because I was pretty sure I blew every chance at filming a live bear and I was correct near as I can tell. There was one pleasant surprise right at the end...if you turn the audio way up you can hear my old buddy who always talks to me in this spot. When he speaks the bears and bulls know it's time to come out.

No live bear footage just me wandering around the Spring bear woods and talking to a dead bear....
https://youtu.be/jvJwnr6hOTE

Seems like a lot of knowledge of Oregon bears in this thread here, just hoping someone can give me bit of help. I've got my fall bear tag this year (couldn't make it happen on my spring hunt in the Hood unit) that I'd like to fill this year, but not totally sure if I am looking at things right. I'm out the Portland area and won't have as much time to fill the tag as I'd like due to work and school, so most of my plans will be to hunt in the eastern Tillamook forest. Are bear densities there still similar to the more coastal areas, or would it be worth it to drive a bit farther west? Or totally ignore that and head to the cascades? I've never hunted fall bear before, so any help is greatly appreciated. Also, I'm in this for just the meat, I dont have any plans for the hide. If anybody wants to tag along, I'd be more than happy to share the hide, I'd hate to see it go to waste if it can be avoided. Thanks!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back