Yeti GOBOX Collection

2017 Elk Hunt

kelley12

Looking for some help. A buddy and I will be hunting Colorado Elk this year for the first time. We really want the first rifle but have no points. We see that we can pull unit 14 and have pretty good odds for unit 71. I know in almost every unit the best thing is to do is get high and far from roads but what about these units. We plan on doing a mix of spike camping and sleeping at the truck. Is it easy to get away from people and how is the terrain. If anyone has any experience in these units any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like i said this is our first elk hunt and will be coming from Michigan, we hope to get a scouting trip in but there is a chance that may not happen.
Any suggestions and tips would be great.

Thanks

I don't know much about those units but I think you are making a good decision with going first rifle granted u draw the tags. If you look at just success rates, this is by far the best hunt CO offers. Now I'm not saying a archery hunt can't be great or a 4th season hunt. But across the board first rifle has the most luck. I've been three times archery and Havent killed. My next hunt there will be w a gun! And I think the elk would still be vocal first rifle. The rut seems to get later and later.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back