2015 Spring Black Bears

William Christy

Season opens in the morning. Should be some getting taken early given the weather/snowpack conditions. I predict a tough spring to tally up bears, compared to most.

Good luck.

Share photos here.

I really wish I didn't work tomorrow. I've got a big guy just waiting to be harassed, but I've got to wait until Saturday. Hopefully he gets left alone until then.

Still about 4 1/2 weeks until we head out there.. hopefully there are still a few left by then!

Hey Greenhorn, what do you drive again? I wanna come follow you around the mountains this weekend and shoot the bears your always passing up! Lol :D

Season has been open here for two weeks. I've only seen one bear and he was a little one but the weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend and I happen to have 4 days off.....:D

Still about 4 1/2 weeks until we head out there.. hopefully there are still a few left by then!
Exactly! I'm hoping that the magical dates most folks agree on for spring bears still bears true.

Exactly! I'm hoping that the magical dates most folks agree on for spring bears still bears true.

I'd bet so. A large part of why it gets good is boars start roaming looking for mates. They're going to do that roughly the same time every year, just my opinion.

Starting about April 27-28 I'm going to live in the woods for two or three weeks. One of those rare times in life when I'm free to do as I please. I can't wait.

I wouldn't worry about being late, even despite the mild mild winter. It only seems to get better with time after May 1st in my neck of the woods.

I'm a Wyoming guy now so I need to secure a bait site. Anyone know if there are any left in the snowies or sierras? I can't register for another month though.

I hunted most of the weekend and didn't see a single bear in the Paradise Valley area.
Some friends hunting near Gardiner also didn't see anything.

Despite seeing the lack of snow and warm temps all year it really hit home this weekend. Places that were buried last year are clear and dry. Roads that were an impassable muddy mess are also dry. Creeks are flowing about half of what they were last year at this time.

Patrick

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back