Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2015 CO moose

Khunter

Looks like I drew a 3rd Colorado archery moose tag. Results are available via the habitat stamp page back door view. Good luck to everyone else.

This will be a cow moose hunt. WIll take these moose tags every chance I get. Great meat!! And fun hunt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,721
Interesting, just checked mine. Moose isn't even showing ? Check was cashed, maybe I botched the application. ???

Happy days for you. Hope it is a great hunt. You seem to get the most out of each season.

Mine says 576 NON RES. I applied for Bull first choice Cow second. From that code speculation on whether I drew a bull or cow? I went in 3/4 points.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdptg24ccoibc5l/Capture.JPG?dl=0

I'm going to speculate you drew the bull first choice. Nonresident cow licenses are not all that hard to draw as many do not want o pay that fee for a cow. but I'm not so sure you can draw as a second choice readily. You could get a pretty good sense if like me you're in a rush to really know, by looking at the Hunt draw statistics on the Colorado website to see if any cow moose tags are being pulled by nonresident second choice

I think all the cow tags would be taken up in the first choice pool either by nonresidents or by resident hunters long before you get to the second choice cool

If I were in your shoes I would be hooting and hollering about my upcoming bull Moose Hunt. YMMV.

I think all the cow tags would be taken up in the first choice pool either by nonresidents or by resident hunters long before you get to the second choice cool

I'm not quite as optimistic as Khunter, but I hope you drew the bull. Because licenses allocated to NR are available to 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice NR applicants before they become available to R, it is possible for NR to draw a cow license second choice. Last year 2 cow licenses went to NR 2nd choice, and 2 went to NR 3rd choice. Good luck.

Nice job - That 18 tag moose is not a cake walk. There's at least one guy on here who hunted it with his NR brother recently. I got really lucky and drew a 191 archery cow moose tag with only 1 point. Time to start scouting. Only 1 moose killed in the unit the last 5-6 years.

I hunted there in 2011 for a cow moose; found one in Trail Creek, so I know the area some. I will take any advice...thanks.

Good tag! Not that there are any bad ones. There are some big Bulls in there if you look hard and hold out for one of them. Lotta acres so keep moving!

Anyone know an outfit that would help me with a moose retrieval in 18 or 181? Was lucky last time getting one 400 yds from the road so the pack-out was simple. That was a cow.

I rent pack llamas there but cannot go with you. Several outfitters around may be available... Or not. Nobody waits breathless by the phone waiting for an opportunity to pack meat, making hot weather retrieval a problem for the hunter.

image.jpgFreezing but happy!

7 day cow moose hunt in a marginal unit.
Ha just realized it looks like the arrow got me too...

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back