Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2015 Bear-Good Start!

Congrats. Has to be very rewarding that you were able to get it done on probably the same bear that you missed last year.

Full body in order for sure............in fact, thinking about doing it over the moose I shot in Sept, half buried. That would be sweet!

Good for you, way to go! Awesome bear and congratulations to you! I assume full body mount is in order for that guy? Can't wait to see pics of it.

I do exactly that! I have a file I save them all in:) My kids made me a plate that is my dinner plate now that has a bear on it and it says Alaska 2014......course now they have to make one that says 2015:)

Congrats on the bear and a wonderful family! Save and date those letters and pictures they draw and stash a few in odd places in your office or shop for you to run across years from now. They will bring back great memories when the kids are gone to college :)

Thanks everyone for the comments! Glad to share the story! Hopefully more to come in the future. Probably going to have to do with my kids killing stuff instead of me though:)

Congrats on an awesome boar and excellent adventure. The top of my bucket list for sure. Start saving a couple years ago and will soon make it happen. Been to the island before hunting sitka blacktails and had 3 boars in shooting range but no tag. They certainly are the greatest predator on the planet IMO. Once again congrats and please post a pic of him after the taxi work.

Full body in order for sure............in fact, thinking about doing it over the moose I shot in Sept, half buried. That would be sweet!

Decisions, decisions, no doubt that would be sweet. But, if I remember correctly your moose is impressive in his own right. Glad I don't have that decision......hey wait, that might not be a bad problem to have! Did you bring the cape of your moose out or just skull & horn? If only skull & horn I'd for sure incorporate it in your Grizz mount as you suggested. Plus a good reason to get another moose for the wall. Be sure to share pics of the finished product. Thx for sharing your story with us all, great adventure & bear.

Decisions, decisions, no doubt that would be sweet. But, if I remember correctly your moose is impressive in his own right. Glad I don't have that decision......hey wait, that might not be a bad problem to have! Did you bring the cape of your moose out or just skull & horn? If only skull & horn I'd for sure incorporate it in your Grizz mount as you suggested. Plus a good reason to get another moose for the wall. Be sure to share pics of the finished product. Thx for sharing your story with us all, great adventure & bear.

I may just do the full body over a moose shed, as I would really like a shoulder on my moose too:) not really sure I have space for the idea anyway, but will be sure to share pics when done:) Probably gonna be a while

I may just do the full body over a moose shed, as I would really like a shoulder on my moose too:) not really sure I have space for the idea anyway, but will be sure to share pics when done:) Probably gonna be a while

You should mount him laying/sitting chewing the top off a moose shed, some sort of action scene. Make that taxidermy earn his keep. :)

Back