Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2014 Fat Off

I'm down 20 with another 15 to go. I hit a wall at 206 and been stuck there for three weeks. I'll have to shake things up and see if I can get back on track.

I'm more concerned with weight distribution than weight itself, although I'm only about a double cheeseburger shy of 200# after spending most of my adult life around 6'1"/180. I wouldn't mind losing 10 or so pounds, but I haven't decided which limb I want to cut off yet.;)

I'm trying to get back to the gym, but it's been too sometime-y to have any real effect. Have mostly cut out booze, pop is long gone, but the real answer is going to be exercise and snacking on healthy stuff throughout the day to get and keep my metabolism higher.

dough boy

was just getting started with the weight loss work-out,fell and busted rotator cuff and am down for a little bit.so instead of losing weight and getting in hunting shape im getting into a couch tater shape.

I am in for this. 10 year wedding anniversary this past March. Wedding day I was 6' 3", 185 and fit. Today, 220. Been up and down over the years but this is the top. It has been tough to get back into the grove of exercise. Time is now and I wish you all the best in shedding the extra pounds. Let's fill the trophy rooms and not the waist.

I am in for this. 10 year wedding anniversary this past March. Wedding day I was 6' 3", 185 and fit. Today, 220. Been up and down over the years but this is the top. It has been tough to get back into the grove of exercise. Time is now and I wish you all the best in shedding the extra pounds. Let's fill the trophy rooms and not the waist.

I was about the same size when I got married 12 years ago. Now I'm 250 and have been close to 265 at times. My 9 year old is 60+ pounds. Hard to believe I'm packing a 4th grader with me everywhere I go.

if any of my Colorado Springs friends wanna hit up the incline I've been going up every Wednesday at around 830am.. come join the fun

Attachments

• incline.jpg
    incline.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 208
  • inclinetop.jpg
    inclinetop.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 209
I was a fat ass in high school and for a couple years after. In my early twenties I had enough of that and started eating less and working out (mostly running). I dropped about 70 pounds and have stayed that way. I am now 51, 5'8" and 150. For me it had to be a lifestyle change. I try to work out about 5 days a week and while I don't always watch what I eat I pay attention to how much I eat. Moderation works for me. As for the exercise, I have mixed it up over the years. I was on a running kick for a while and did a couple marathons but that beat me up pretty good. Now I hit the gym or do stuff outside (hike, bike, hunt, yard work, etc...) when the weather is nice. I try to do things I enjoy. Staying in shape is much easier than constantly getting back in shape.

Z, I hope your full went better than my 10k. I finished but I nEver really got comfortable and struggled at about a minute/mile slower than I usually run. And I was disappointed in the lack of beer at the finish line.

Z, I hope your full went better than my 10k. I finished but I nEver really got comfortable and struggled at about a minute/mile slower than I usually run. And I was disappointed in the lack of beer at the finish line.

I compensated by drinking/carb loading last night!

Congrats! As far as comfort, it isn't something you can bank on. Some days we have, some we don't. I don't have an explanation.

My marathon was scary good. I treated it as a training run for my ultra. (I ran 20 miles on Friday morning and over 80 miles for the week in 5 days).

Knowing my legs would be tired from Friday run, I went out with the 3:35 pacer. ~8:12 pace. I ran with them for 20 miles and felt very good. I thanked him and told him I wanted to open up and I'll see them at the finish. Although I have done zero speed work, I wanted to see how my body would respond. I managed the last 10K at an avg of 6:43 pace and final .2 was ~ 6:14 pace. Although I fell just short of a Boston qualifying time, (by 10 sec) I managed to shave almost 10 minutes off of my goal in 6.2 miles. Finished at 3:25:10 and I felt great in doing it. Zero soreness..

down 15 lbs.

down a half a pack of smokes a day.

better than nothing. want to get down to a pack a day. then get serious about quitting.

I stopped smoking for three months and was hitting the fitness center everyday over the winter months. Then like a dumb ass I started smoking again. But after reading this thread Ive decided to give it another shot.

Yeah, Z knocks out an 20 mile easy run then finishes it off with what would be a HUGE goal PR type 10K time for us average folks! :D The day after he knocks out a 20 mile run in training. :eek:

Exactly! Inspirational for sure just so far away. I ran 7 miles last night how about that! ;)

Yeah, Z knocks out an 20 mile easy run then finishes it off with what would be a HUGE goal PR type 10K time for us average folks! :D The day after he knocks out a 20 mile run in training. :eek:

Thanks guys. I have never felt that good after a marathon. Hope a little of this flat land happiness will translate into the mountain run.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back